By 10 months, your baby may have few teeth, swallows food more easily and started sitting confidently. Hence 10 months is the best time to introduce most of the family foods in the form of minced or chopped (with few exceptions which includes salt, sugar, honey and cow’s milk). Don’t force the baby though, as each baby is unique and adopt eating habits at their own pace. Just keep trying at your best to encourage his eating habits. Also continue offering finger foods and spices to baby as same as 9 months.
Always remember that solids food can’t replace the nutrients breastmilk or formula provides during the first year. So consider including solids in your baby’s diet as a complementary feeding. Please read on 9 months Indian baby food chart (to cross check the foods you have introduced till 9 months) before you plan a chart for your 10 months baby food. And always consider preferring homemade foods for your baby, which is safe.
What foods can be included in 10 months baby’s diet?
At 10 months, you can introduce the below foods in addition to the 9 months baby food chart.
What’s new on 10 months Indian baby food?
Complete list of Indian food options for 10 months baby:
Fruits: all fruits except citrus fruits
How many meals per day for a 10 months old baby?
For 10 months baby , you can offer three meals and a optional snack that can be finger food or any light snack for a day. Rest should be breastfeeding or formula feeding. Choose the timings for meal and snack according to your baby’s preference.
How much quantity per day?
- Cereal – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Vegetables – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Fruits – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Dairy – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Meat/Protein – 4 tbsp
10 MONTHS BABY FOOD RECIPES
Here is the collection of 10 Months Baby Food Recipes, please customize the below sample charts with the mentioned recipes that can be included in 10 months baby’s diet based on availability, convenience and your baby’s preference.
Sample Indian Food chart or Diet plan for 10 months old baby
Tiny cut raw Apple/pear or muskmelon or papaya/
any other fruit (FF)
Rice mixed with mixed vegetables soup
or peas pieces Or Potato Salad or any cooked cut vegetables
in dal Or
with any mild sambar/
gravy) or rice noodles
Milkshake/or any fruit milkshake made with breast milk or formula
whole wheat toasted bread/
Spinach rice/ mashed ghee rice with egg yolk
Chapati with dal
Dal rice made with toor dal
Crumbled Paneer (FF)
egg yolk or scrambled eggs
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Some of the recipes given above prepared with more spices as it’s a family recipe. Adjust the spices according to your baby’s preference.
- Never introduce more than 1 food at a time when introducing solids to your baby.
- Salt , sugar, cow’s milk and honey is not recommended in baby’s food until 1 years of age.
- Check for allergy symptoms when you introducing a new food to your baby and stop feeding your if you find any symptoms.
- This food chart is prepared to give an idea on what foods can be included in babies diet at particular month. It should not be considered as a medical advice.
- Feed your baby with breast milk or formula milk on demand other than the timings mentioned in the chart.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using a Idli pot or steamer.