I wanted to post baby foods in this space from long time though I prepare these recipes everyday for my 1.5 year old little girl. Finally am ready with a post and hoping to include more baby foods in this blog. I have started oats for my baby after 8 months as suggested by my pediatrician. I feed oats once in a week as my baby won’t like same food everyday. Also she doesn’t like to drink any milk other than mothers milk so I always add cows milk where possible in her food.
This oats porridge is made with oats, banana and cows milk. My baby loves anything with bananas and hence this porridge too. It tastes yummy and sweet without adding sugar and it is ideal for babies after one year. The same porridge can be given to babies under one year too but without cows milk. That also tastes equally good.
- Quick cooking oats - 2 tbsp
- Banana small variety - 2
- Water - ½ cup
- Cows milk - 1 cup ( don't add for babies under one year )
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Boil cows milk in a sauce pan and keep it ready.
- Take 2 tbsp of oats in a sauce pan and add ½ cup of water to it. Cook it in medium flame for 3 minutes or until the oats gets cooked. Stir it continuously while cooking otherwise the oats may stick to the vessel.
- Once the oats gets cooked well, add a cup of milk to the cooked oats and boil it for 4 minutes by stirring occasionally or until it becomes thick.
- Remove from the flame once done and cool it down (Skip adding milk if you are preparing the porridge for babies under one year). In the meantime, chop the bananas into circle and add it to the blender.
- Once the porridge is warm, add it to the blender with chopped bananas. Blend it to a smooth paste. Skip this step if your baby likes mashed texture instead of smooth ones and you can simply mash the bananas and mix with cooked oats.