Paneer dosa is my favourite and used to order often at restaurants. So tried making paneer dosa at home with paneer filling. I made the paneer filling as similar to the way I make panner bhurji. It turned out so good and it is very easy to make as it can be done in a jiffy. It is very tasty and filling too. It doesn't even need any side dish and I can have it as such.
Paneer Dosa Recipe | Dosa Varieties | Breakfast Recipes
- Crumbled paneer - 1 cup
- Capsicum - ½
- Onion - 1 medium sized
- Tomato - 1 small
- Ginger - 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Garlic - 3 finely chopped
- Corainder leaves - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - ¼ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Cuming seeds - ½ tsp
- Oil - as needed
- Chop the capsicum, onions, tomatoes, corainder leaves, ginger and garlic cloves finely. Set aside. Chop the paneer into squares and add it to the blender. Crumble the paneer for 30 secs in a blender using whip option and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera. Let it splutter. Don't burn the jeera which will spoil the whole taste. Then add onions along with chopped ginger and garlic. Sauté it till transparent.
- Then add tomatoes and corainder leaves. Fry them until the tomatoes turn mushy and soft. Add capsicum along with turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well and add required salt. Cook until the capsicum gets cooked.
- Once the capsicum is cooked, add crumbled paneer and mix well. Fry it for 2 minutes and switch off the flame. Don't over cook the paneer as it becomes rubbery.
- Heat a dosa tawa, add a laddle of batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Cook until brown for five minutes and add required paneer filling. flip the dosa. Cook for a minute and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- Add paneer filling only after the dosa gets cooked.
- Spread the dosa thin to get cooked evenly.
- You can add finely chopped vegetables along with capsicum.