Sweet Wheat Dosa - healthy breakfast/ dinner for toddlers and kids made with whole wheat flour, rice flour, and Jaggery as main ingredients. I have already shared wheat banana pancakes and savory wheat dosa for babies and kids. This sweet wheat dosa recipe is another version made in our family, and it is my little one's favorite too. You can serve this sweet wheat dosa Plain or with ghee, butter, Jaggery, palm jaggery syrup, dates syrup, or maple syrup.
You can give this sweet wheat dosa to babies from one year at breakfast/dinner. Check out more breakfast recipes for toddlers here. Now Let's check how to make this healthy sweet wheat dosa for babies & kids.
Sweet Wheat Dosa recipe for babies, toddlers, and kids
- 1 Cup Whole wheat flour
- ¼ Cup Rice flour
- ¾ Cup Crushed jaggery
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon Grated Coconut
- Butter or ghee for making dosa's
- Measure all the ingredients and keep them ready. In a mixer jar, add in whole wheat flour and rice flour
- Then add in powdered Jaggery and grated coconut.
- Now add in cardamom powder. Grind everything to a coarse powder.
- Heat a dosa tawa, add a ladle of batter to it, and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. Sprinkle ghee or oil.
- Cook until brown on one side for five minutes and flip the dosa. Cook for a minute and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- I have used organic Jaggery with no impurities. If you use normal Jaggery, take Jaggery in a saucepan & add water till it immersed level. Heat the Jaggery until it melts completely. Strain the jaggery water using a strainer to remove impurities. Then add it to the wheat dosa batter.
- You can adjust jaggery quantity according to the sweetness your child prefers.
- The batter consistency is essential to get perfect dosas. So adjust with water or wheat flour to get the correct consistency.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.