Instant Wheat dosa comes to rescue whenever I want to make a quick breakfast/dinner. It is healthy, filling and tasty too. Pair it with Vengaya chutney, coconut chutney, Idli Milagai podi or even sugar. I used to make this savory version of wheat dosa or a sweet version with jaggery at least once a week. I like both versions. I Will post the sweet version later.
This instant wheat dosa can be given to babies from 8 months after introducing wheat separately, skip green chilies while making, pair it with curd, and serve.
Wheat Dosa Recipe | How to make Instant Wheat Dosa for babies, toddlers, and Kids
Instant wheat dosa recipe with wheat flour. Easy and healthy breakfast
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Rice flour - ¼ cup
- Onion - 1 medium-sized
- Green chilies - 2
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Peppercorns - 4 optional
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Water - 4 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as needed
- Chop the onions, ginger and green chili finely. In a vessel add wheat flour, rice flour, pepper, cumin seeds, chopped onions, ginger and green chili along with salt. Add water little by little and mix well. The batter should be like thick buttermilk neither thick nor too thin. Set aside.
- Heat a dosa tawa, add a ladle of batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Cook until brown for five minutes and flip the dosa. Cook for a minute and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
Tried this recipe?Mention @gkfooddiary or tag #gkfooddiary!
1. Chop the onions, ginger and green chili finely. In a vessel add wheat flour, rice flour, pepper, cumin seeds, chopped onions, ginger and green chili along with salt. Add water little by little and mix well. The batter should be like thick buttermilk neither thick nor too thin. Set aside.
1. Heat a dosa tawa, add a ladle of batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Cook until brown for five minutes and flip the dosa. Cook for a minute and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
The healthy and tasty wheat dosa is ready! Serve with a side dish of your choice.
- I want a healthy version of Dosa so added ¼ cup of rice flour. If you wish to your dosa to be more crispy, add 1 cup of rice flour for 2 cups of wheat flour and make the batter thin.
- If you are making it for diabetic, skip rice flour and make the Dosa thick like pancakes. That also tastes equally good.
Ur Recipes are good can u post some chutney and gravy for rice to babies
Sure will do. I already have side dish gravy for rice in my collection.. Please check them
Hi I added curd to the batter is it ok... My baby is 10months old...
yes should be okay
Can I add grated veggies like carrot, Dudi in the batter? Thank you
yes you can
Can we use Jaggery for 10 months baby?
You can use a little amount occasionally. It's better if you avoid sweetener until one year.
Hi ! Your blog is a lifesaver . Great Recipe collections for a new mum like me . Keep up your work !
And talking on this recipe I don’t see any pepper in the ingredients column but you have added in the preparation. So can I add pepper instead of chilies?
Thank you. Updated the recipe with peppercorns in the list and yes you can add chilies too
Pls also post the sweet version 🙂
you can check the sweet version of wheat here: https://gkfooddiary.com/wheat-pancakes-recipe-for-babies-and-kids/
Thanks a ton. You are a Life-Saver! 🙂
Is it ok to give 10 month baby food with this texture, as it is not a purée for something they can gulp. They don’t have chewing teeth
Babies can chew with gums and finger foods can be given from 8 months