Instant Wheat dosa comes to rescue whenever I want to make a quick breakfast/dinner. It is healthy, filling and tasty too. Pair it with Vengaya chutney, coconut chutney, Idli Milagai podi or even sugar. I used to make this savory version of wheat dosa or a sweet version with jaggery at least once a week. I like both versions. I Will post the sweet version later.
This instant wheat dosa can be given to babies from 8 months after introducing wheat separately, skip green chilies while making, pair it with curd, and serve.
Wheat Dosa Recipe | How to make Instant Wheat Dosa for babies, toddlers, and Kids
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Rice flour - ¼ cup
- Onion - 1 medium-sized
- Green chilies - 2
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Peppercorns - 4 optional
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Water - 4 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as needed
- Chop the onions, ginger and green chili finely. In a vessel add wheat flour, rice flour, pepper, cumin seeds, chopped onions, ginger and green chili along with salt. Add water little by little and mix well. The batter should be like thick buttermilk neither thick nor too thin. Set aside.
- Heat a dosa tawa, add a ladle of batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Cook until brown for five minutes and flip the dosa. Cook for a minute and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- I want a healthy version of Dosa so added ¼ cup of rice flour. If you wish to your dosa to be more crispy, add 1 cup of rice flour for 2 cups of wheat flour and make the batter thin.
- If you are making it for diabetic, skip rice flour and make the Dosa thick like pancakes. That also tastes equally good.