Whole Wheat milk porridge is a healthy porridge for babies with the milk extracted from whole wheat kernels. This whole wheat milk porridge is the best way to introduce wheat for babies for the first time as it is easily digestible and husk free. Punjabi whole wheat /Samba whole wheat can be used to make this porridge.
The method of making is similar to ragi milk porridge and broken wheat milk porridge for babies. It can be given to babies from 6 months.
Now let's get on to check wheat milk porridge recipe for babies.
Wheat Milk Porridge for Babies |Kodhumai Paal Koozh
- Whole Wheat - ¼ cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Ghee - ½ Tsp
- Measure ¼ cup of wheat using a measuring cup and soak it in clean water overnight. Keep it covered while soaking. After soaking, drain the water completely. Transfer the drained wheat to a blender.
- Add ½ cup of water to it and blend for 2 minutes. Again add ½ cup of water and grind it till smooth.
- Transfer the ground wheat paste to a cheese cloth/muslin cloth/ nut milk bag/white cloth/strainer over a wide bowl. Squeeze out as much milk as possible. If using a strainer, press it with a spoon to collect the milk.
- Discard the broken wheat particles after collecting the milk. Transfer the extracted wheat milk to a thick bottomed pan. Cook the milk until it becomes thick and reached a porridge consistency.
- Keep stirring while cooking. Otherwise, it sticks to the bottom. Cook it until the porridge coat the spoon and shiny. Once it is cooked, add ½ teaspoon of ghee and mix well.
- Once done, switch off the flame. Transfer to a serving bowl and feed your baby warm!
Here is the video of how to make wheat milk porridge for babies
2. Add ½ cup of water to it and blend for 2 minutes. Again add ½ cup of water and grind it till smooth. Transfer the ground wheat paste to a cheese cloth/muslin cloth/ nut milk bag/white cloth/strainer over a wide bowl. Squeeze out as much milk as possible. If using a strainer, press it with a spoon to collect the milk.
- Squeeze out and extract the milk slowly so that you get the milk entirely and no husk.
- Make sure the wheat milk gets cooked thoroughly.
- Consistency is purely your choice. Add boiled water to adjust consistency.
- This porridge becomes thick after cooling down, serve warm for good taste.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Hi,can we try this recipe with barley.
never tried am not sure