Broken wheat milk porridge - Broken wheat/Cracked Wheat/Dalia is hugely beneficial for babies and growing kids. It has anti-inflammatory properties, rich in fiber and also useful for preventing constipation in kids. I have already posted broken wheat porridge for babies.
This broken wheat milk is a creamy porridge which is prepared by soaking and extracting milk, which is husk free, it tastes different and good variation to the usual porridge's. It can be given to babies from 8 months. Do try broken wheat milk for your baby and share how your baby liked this porridge.
Now let's get on to check broken wheat milk porridge recipe for babies.
Broken Wheat Milk Porridge for Babies | Baby Food
- Broken Wheat/Cracked Wheat/Dalia - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Dates syrup - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 1/4 Tsp
- Measure 1/4 cup of broken wheat using a measuring cup and soak it in clean water for 30 minutes. Soaking time depends on the type of broken wheat used. If using thick broken wheat, soak it overnight. Keep it covered while soaking.
- After soaking, drain the water completely. Transfer the drained, broken wheat to a blender. Add 1/2 cup of water to it and blend for 2 minutes. Again add 1/2 cup of water and grind it till smooth.
- Transfer the ground broken wheat paste to a cheese cloth/muslin cloth/ nut milk bag/white cloth/strainer over a wide bowl. I used nut milk bag.
- Squeeze out as much milk as possible. If using a filter, press it with a spoon to collect the milk. Discard the broken wheat particles after collecting the milk.
- Transfer the broken wheat milk to a thick bottomed pan. Cook the milk until it becomes thick and reached a porridge consistency. Keep stirring while cooking. Otherwise, it sticks to the bottom.
- Once it's cooked, add dates syrup and mix well. Cook it further for 2 minutes or until the porridge coat the spoon.
- Add 1/4 tsp of ghee to the cooked porridge and switch off the flame.
- The same porridge recipe can be tried with whole wheat kernels, Soak it overnight for easy grinding.
- Soaking time depends on the type of broken wheat used. If using thick broken wheat, soak it overnight. Keep it covered while soaking.
- Squeeze out and extract the milk slowly so that you get the milk entirely and no husk.
- Make sure the broken wheat milk gets cooked thoroughly.
- Consistency is purely your choice. Add boiled water to adjust consistency.
- This porridge becomes thick after cooling down, serve warm for good taste.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.