Egg-less whole wheat carrot cake Recipe – Tasty and healthy cake recipe made with whole wheat flour, grated carrots, nuts, dry fruits and no eggs! The addition of carrots, nuts gives a nice texture and unbelievably delicious taste, also provide nutrients!
- Whole Wheat Flour -1 cup
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Grated Carrot - ¾ cup
- Palm Sugar/Brown Sugar - ½ cup
- Cardamom -1
- Olive oil/sunflower oil/odorless oil- ¼ cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Raisins -10
- Broken Walnuts - ¼ cup
- Take a carrot, wash and peel the skin. Grate them using a grater. Set aside.
- Take the brown sugar/palm sugar and cardamom in a blender. Grind it to a smooth powder.
- Sieve the whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda. Keep it ready. Also preheat the oven to 180 deg C for 10 minutes.
- Take broken walnuts, raisins and grated carrots in a bowl.Dust with 1 tbsp of whole wheat flour. Set this aside. Now in a mixing bowl add in the ground sugar mixture.
- Add in 1 cup of milk followed by ¼ cup of oil. Stir it well with a hand whisk until the oil is mixed evenly.
- Once all the wet ingredients are mixed well, add the sieved whole wheat flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix. The final mixture should be slightly thick and at pouring consistency. Adjust with milk to get the desired consistency if required. Finally add in carrot nuts mixture and give a quick mix.
- Grease a cake pan with oil. Pour the mixture to the cake tin and gently tape it.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 35 -40 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cake pan and oven) at 180° Celsius till tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool it down completely and cut into pieces!
- Dusting the carrots and nuts in flour helps to prevent sinking them into the cake. Dont skip that step.
- If the final mixture is too thick after adding wheat flour mix, add few tbsp of milk to get the desired consistency.
- Don’t over mix after adding the dry ingredients, just fold them for 10-15 seconds.
- This carrot cake stays well for 4 days at room temperature and keeps good for a week if stored in refrigerator.
- You could use any nuts of your choice.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cake.