Now Let’s get on to check how to make this easy millet banana cake.
- Millet Flour - ¾ Cup
- Whole Wheat Flour - ¾ Cup
- Ripe Banana - 1 large or 2 medium-sized
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 Tsp
- Salt - ⅛ Tsp
- Broken nuts- ¼ cup
- Cane Sugar - ¼ Cup
- Date Sugar - ¼ Cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Olive oil/sunflower oil - ⅔ cup
- Milk -1/2 Cup
- Measure and keep all the other ingredients ready. Also, preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Take a ripe banana and cut them into slices. Mash the bananas well with a fork. Alternatively, you can blend the chopped banana pieces in a blender to puree them. Once the bananas are thoroughly mashed, add sugar.
- Add in date sugar as well. Mix well.
- Then add oil followed by vanilla essence. Stir it well with a hand whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved. Mix well so that the oil is mixed evenly.
- At this stage, add milk and mix it thoroughly.
- Once all the wet ingredients are mixed well, place the sieve over a bowl. Add the millet flour.
- Add in whole wheat flour baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift the flour.
- Gently fold everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix. Then add broken nuts to the mix and give a stir. The final mixture should be thick.
- Grease a cake pan with oil. Pour the mixture to the cake tin and gently tape it. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 35 -40 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cake pan and oven) at 180° Celsius till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the tray for 5 minutes once done. Once the cake is warm, cut into pieces and serve!
Here is the video of how to make millet banana cake recipe for toddlers and kids
4. At this stage, add milk and mix it thoroughly.
6. Add in whole wheat flour baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift the flour.
- I have used multi millet flour made with finger millet, little millet, Kodo millet, pearl millet and nuts
- If the mixture is too thick after adding flour, add few tbsp of milk.
- Use overripe banana for best results.
- For small babies, finely chop the nuts or powder them to avoid choking.
- Don’t over mix after adding the dry ingredients, fold them for 10-15 seconds.
- This millet banana cake stays well for four days at room temperature and keeps good for a week if stored in the refrigerator.
- You could use any nuts of your choice or even chocolate chips.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cake.