Sooji Banana Cake/ Semolina Banana Cake/Rava banana cake – an easy eggless cake recipe made with semolina/sooji and bananas as main ingredients ! I have already shared sooji cake with mango. This recipe is a twist to the sooji mango cake by replacing the mango with banana, also added handful of walnuts as walnuts pairs well with the sweetness of the bananas. It turned out super good and tasty!
Sooji Banana cake can be given to toddlers after one year and makes a really easy dessert that can be packed for kids snack box or serve as a evening snack or to take along to a trip. So who is ready to make this absolutely easy cake!!
- Fine Semolina/Suji/Sooji/Rava - 1 Cup
- Mango Puree - 1 cup (pureed from 2 medium bananas)
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Broken Walnuts - ¼ cup
- White Sugar/ Brown Sugar/Palm Sugar - ½ cup
- Cardamom Powder - ¼ tsp or Whole Cardamom - 1
- Olive oil/sunflower oil/Butter/Ghee - ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Take sugar and cardamom/Cardamom powder in a blender. Grind it to a smooth powder. Set aside.
- Peel and slice bananas. Puree the bananas in a blender without adding water. Keep aside.
- Take 1 cup of semolina/Sooji in a mixing bowl. Add in powdered sugar to it.
- Add baking powder to it. Mix well.
- Then add oil/butter/ghee. Mix well so that the oil is mixed evenly.
- Now add banana puree to it. Gently mix everything well.
- Finally add chopped/powdered walnuts to it.Set this mixture aside for 10 minutes. In the meantime preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes and grease the loaf pan/cake tin with oil.
- After 10 minutes, Pour the semolina banana mixture to the loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the loaf pan and oven) at 180° till tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in tray for 5 minutes and cut the cake when it's completely cooled down.
- Dont bake the cake for more time than mentioned, as it will turn hard if over baked.
- Powder walnuts for small kids to avoid choking hazard.
- Don’t add water while grinding bananas. The banana puree has to be thick.
- Fine semolina variety works best for this cake.
- The semolina banana cake stays well for 2 days at room temperature and keeps good for 4-6 days if stored in refrigerator.
- You could also use powdered nuts or any nuts of your choice.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cakes.