Eggless Oats Dates cake: Tasty and healthy cake recipe made with Oats, whole wheat flour, dates, walnuts, and no eggs! I have already shared a version of dates cake with wheat flour, and this recipe is similar but with the addition of oats. It turned out so delicious with a soft moistured texture, and we have finished the cake in no time! This dates oats cake can be given to toddlers after one year. Check out other healthy cake recipes for toddlers and kids here.
I want to let you all know that we are marking the fifth blog anniversary of GKFOODIARY with this tasty and healthy cake:) Big Thanks to all my readers from bottom of my heart for your trust and encouragement through comments, messages, emails, following, and liking my post/pictures and videos!
Now let's get on to check how to make oats dates cake recipe for toddlers and kids
Eggless Dates Oats Cake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup Powdered Oats
- 20 Pitted Dates Chopped
- 3 tablespoon Powdered Jaggery Optional
- Broken Walnuts - ¼ cup
- 1.5 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ cup Olive oil/sunflower oil/odorless oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Boil Milk in a pan until frothy
- Measure and take pitted chopped dates in a bowl. Add the hot milk to it. Soak it for at least 30 mins or until the dates are soft. Soaking time varies depends on the type of dates used
- Once the dates are soft, add the soaked dates along with little milk to a blender. Grind it to a smooth paste. You can reserve some dates to add in the cake batter as such
- Add the ground dates paste to a mixing bowl. Add in the remaining milk to it along with reserved soaked dates
- Add in oil and vanilla essence
- Stir it well with a hand whisk until the oil is mixed evenly. Place a sieve over the bowl. Sieve the whole wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda
- Now add in powdered oats and jaggery
- Gently fold everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix. The final batter should be slightly thick and at pouring consistency. Adjust with milk to get the desired consistency if required. Finally, add in broken walnuts and give a quick mix
- Grease a cake pan with oil. Pour the mixture to the cake tin and gently tape it. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C for 10 minutes. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 35 -40 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cake pan and oven) at 180° Celsius till the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool it down completely and cut into pieces!
- Soaking time varies depends on the type of dates used.
- Adding jaggery is optional. Add a few tablespoon of it if you feel the dates are not sweet enough.
- If the final mixture is too thick after adding wheat flour oats mix, add a few tablespoon of milk to get the desired consistency.
- Don't over mix after adding the dry ingredients, fold them for 10-15 seconds.
- This oats dates cake stays well for four days at room temperature and keeps good for a week if stored in the refrigerator.
- You could use any nuts of your choice instead of walnuts.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cake.