Semolina Mango Cake/ Mango Rava Cake- easy eggless cake recipe made with semolina/suji and mangoes! I happened to see this delicious cake recipe in a FB Group and got this recipe from here. I was tempted to try this immediately, and it turned out awesome:) The taste of the cake is somewhat similar to suji mango halwa. It just melted in the mouth:) It's effortless to make at home with simple ingredients and am sure any beginner can give a try:) This semolina mango cake can be given to toddlers after one year.
Mango Semolina Cake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Fine Semolina/Suji - 1 Cup
- Mango Puree - 1 cup pureed from 2 small mangoes
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Powdered Nuts/ broken nuts - ¼ cup
- White Sugar/ Brown Sugar - ½ cup
- Cardamom Powder - ¼ tsp
- Olive oil/sunflower oil - ¼ cup
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Also preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Take 1 cup of semolina/suji in a mixing bowl.
- Then add cardamom powder, baking powder, and sugar to it. Mix well. Then add chopped/powdered nuts to it.
- Then add oil. Mix well so that the oil is mixed evenly.
- Then add mango puree to it. Gently mix everything well. Set this mixture aside for 10 minutes.
- Grease the loaf pan/cake tin with oil. Pour the semolina mango mixture to it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 -30 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the muffin tray and oven) at 180° till a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes and cut the cake when it's completely cooled down.
- Don't add water while grinding mangoes. The mango puree has to be thick.
- Fine semolina variety works best for this cake.
- The semolina mango cake stays well for two days at room temperature and keeps good for four days if stored in the refrigerator.
- You could use powdered nuts or any nuts of your choice.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cakes.
180 F/ C ?
Its 180 degree celsius
Hii i dont have oven or microwave can v bake this cake using any other option?
Try in a pressure cooker with salt as a base: no whistle, no gasket, and the same timing or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Hi. Could we replace the sugar with jaggery and the oil with ghee? Thanks
use the same amount of powdered jaggery and ghee instead of sugar and oil
Can we use another puree? Bananas maybe?