Semolina Mango Cake/ Mango Rava Cake- easy eggless cake recipe made with semolina/suji and mangoes! I happened to see this delicious cake recipe in a FB Group and got this recipe from here. I was tempted to try this immediately, and it turned out awesome:) The taste of the cake is somewhat similar to suji mango halwa. It just melted in the mouth:) It's effortless to make at home with simple ingredients and am sure any beginner can give a try:) This semolina mango cake can be given to toddlers after one year.
Mango Semolina Cake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Fine Semolina/Suji - 1 Cup
- Mango Puree - 1 cup pureed from 2 small mangoes
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Powdered Nuts/ broken nuts - 1/4 cup
- White Sugar/ Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil/sunflower oil - 1/4 cup
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Also preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Take 1 cup of semolina/suji in a mixing bowl.
- Then add cardamom powder, baking powder, and sugar to it. Mix well. Then add chopped/powdered nuts to it.
- Then add oil. Mix well so that the oil is mixed evenly.
- Then add mango puree to it. Gently mix everything well. Set this mixture aside for 10 minutes.
- Grease the loaf pan/cake tin with oil. Pour the semolina mango mixture to it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 -30 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the muffin tray and oven) at 180° till a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes and cut the cake when it's completely cooled down.
- Don't add water while grinding mangoes. The mango puree has to be thick.
- Fine semolina variety works best for this cake.
- The semolina mango cake stays well for two days at room temperature and keeps good for four days if stored in the refrigerator.
- You could use powdered nuts or any nuts of your choice.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cakes.