Suji muffins/Semolina Muffins – simple, tasty muffins recipe made with fine sooji/rava, palm sugar, and nuts! I have already shared two varieties of suji cake: Suji mango cake and suji banana cake. This suji muffins is my new try and came up with this recipe by altering a few ingredients. It turned out so good and yummy.
This suji muffin can be given to toddlers after one year. I’m sure these muffins are one of the easiest muffin recipes that even a beginner in baking can give a try. Do try this and let me know your feedback 🙂
Suji Muffins Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Fine Suji - 1/4 cup+ 2 tbsp
- Powdered Palm Sugar/Cane Sugar - 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
- Curd/Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 1/4 cup + 2tbsp
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Broken nuts/nuts powder- 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil/sunflower oil - 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, add suji. Then add powdered palm sugar/cane sugar.
- Now add curd/yogurt followed by milk.
- Then add oil. Stir it well with a hand whisk until the oil is mixed evenly. Set this mixture aside for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add vanilla essence.
- Now add baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix everything well for 10-15 seconds. The final mixture should be in pouring consistency. Adjust with 1-2 tbsp of milk if the batter is too thick. Add in crushed nuts at this stage. Give a quick stir.
- Line up the muffin tray with muffin liners. Pour the prepared batter into muffin liners and top it with broken walnuts. Bake in the preheated oven for 20- 25 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the muffin tray and oven) at 180° Celsius till s toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the plate for 5 minutes once done.
Here is the video of how to make suji muffins/Semolina Muffins for Toddlers and Kids
3. Then add oil. Stir it well with a hand whisk until the oil is mixed evenly. Set this mixture aside for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, add vanilla essence.
5. Now add baking soda and baking powder.
- The final batter consistency should be in pouring consistency. Adjust with milk accordingly.
- For younger kids, finely chop the nuts or powder them to avoid choking.
- This suji muffins stay well for four days at room temperature and keeps good for a week if stored in the refrigerator.
- You could use any nuts of your choice or even tutti fruity or chocolate chips.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect muffins.
- The same recipe can be tried in a cake pan too, but the baking time may vary from 30-40 minutes.