Whole wheat Almond Muffins- easy and delicious muffins recipe made with whole wheat flour, almond flour, eggs, and butter! I have already shared wheat almond cookies and was hunting for a perfect muffin recipe with almonds. And found this recipe and tried last week. It turned out super good and tasty that the muffins got over in no time!
This almond muffin can be given to toddlers after one year. Check out other healthy muffin recipes for Toddlers and Kids too.
Whole Wheat Almond Muffins Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Almond Flour/Ground Almonds - 1/4 Cup
- Whole Wheat flour - 3/4 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/8 tsp
- Slivered Almonds- 2 tbsp
- Brown Sugar -1/2 cup
- Milk- 1/2 Cup
- Eggs - 1
- Almond Essence/Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Butter - 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, add oil. Then add cane sugar.
- Add in curd and vanilla essence.
- Mix it well until the sugar dissolved.
- Place a sifter over a bowl. Add whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift the flour.
- Now add in the curd mixture and diced strawberry pieces. Mix everything well for 10-15 seconds. The final mix should be in thick consistency.
- Line up the muffin tray with muffin liners. Pour the prepared batter into muffin liners and top with cut strawberries. Bake in the preheated oven for 20- 25 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the muffin tray and oven) at 180° Celsius till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the plate for 5 minutes once done.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Whisk until it mixed evenly.
2. Now add in the egg and mix well.
3. Add in milk and whole wheat flour.
4. Then add almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Mix everything well for 10-15 seconds. The final mix should be in pouring consistency. Line up the muffin tray with muffin liners.
6. Pour the prepared batter into muffin liners and top with slivered almonds. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the muffin tray and oven) at 180° Celsius till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the plate for 5 minutes once done.
- I used almond flour. If you don’t have almond flour, ground 1/4 cup of almonds, grind it to a powder and add.
- You can use 1/4 cup of yogurt as a substitute for egg.
- The final batter consistency should be in pouring consistency.
- Adjust sugar quantity according to your preference.
- This wheat almond muffins stay well for four days at room temperature and keeps good for a week if stored in the refrigerator.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect muffins.
- The same recipe can be tried in a loaf pan, too, but the baking time may vary from 30-40 minutes.