Dry Dates Powder Muffins/ Date Sugar Muffins - easy muffins recipe made with dry dates powder, whole wheat flour, and no eggs! I have shared homemade dry dates powder a while ago and been getting many queries to how to use it as a substitute of sugar. Hence I have tried my hands with this muffin recipe with dry dates powder by replacing sugar in whole wheat muffins recipe. It came out good and tasty. You can try these muffin with store bought dry dates powder too.
This dry dates powder muffin can be given to toddlers after one year. Try and enjoy this healthy sugar-free muffin for yourself and the kids at home.
Dry Dates Powder Muffins Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Date Sugar Muffins
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Chocolate chips/ broken walnut - 1/3 cup
- Warm water - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Dry Dates Powder/Date Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Lemon Juice/Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Olive oil/sunflower oil - 3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Measure and keep all the other ingredients ready. Measure and Sieve the whole wheat flour and mix well with baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Heat water until its warm and add dry dates powder/date sugar to it. Mix well with a hand whisk until the date sugar is completely dissolved. Then add vanilla essence and oil. Mix well so that the oil is mixed evenly.
- Now add lemon juice/vinegar to it. Stir well.
- Then add the sieved whole wheat flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Gently mix everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix it. Then add chocolate chips or broken nuts to the mix and give a stir. The final mixture should be slightly runny. So adjust with water if it is thick.
- Line up the muffin tray with muffin liners. Pour the mixture into muffin liners and Bake in the preheated oven for 25 -30 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the muffin tray and oven) at 180°C till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the tray for 5 minutes.
5. Line up the muffin tray with muffin liners. Pour the mixture into muffin liners and bake in the preheated oven for 25 -30 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the muffin tray and oven) at 180°C till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the tray for 5 minutes.
The final mixture should be slightly runny. So adjust with water if it is thick.
- The muffins stay well for four days at room temperature and keep good for a week if stored in the refrigerator.
- You could use walnuts or any nuts of your choice or chocolate chips.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect muffins.
- The same recipe can be tried in a cake pan too, but the baking time may vary from 35-40 minutes.