Eggless whole wheat muffins – easy muffins recipe made with whole wheat flour and no eggs! Yayyy finally I have tried my hands with baking, I should say that it was a wonderful experience! I wanted to start my first baking with basic muffin recipe which should be simple and healthy. So I browsed around and found this recipe from here. The muffins came out so tasty, and we all loved it so much. Now am confident to try cake recipes too. So keep watching my space for more healthy baking recipes:)
This whole wheat muffin can be given to toddlers after one year. It’s a perfect after-school snack for kids as well! Try this easy and healthy muffin for yourself and the little ones at home, do update me with your results too!
Eggless Whole Wheat Muffins Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Chocolate chips/ broken walnut - 1/3 cup
- Warm water - 3/4 cup
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Olive oil/sunflower oil - 3 tbsp
- Line up the muffin tray with muffin liners. Measure and Sieve the whole wheat flour and mix well with baking soda and a pinch of salt. Also, preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Measure and keep all the other ingredients ready.
- Heat water until its warm and add sugar to it. Mix well with a hand whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then add vanilla essence and oil one by one. Mix well so that the oil is mixed evenly.
- Then add lemon juice to it. Stir well. Now add the sieved whole wheat flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Gently mix everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix it.
- Then add chocolate chips or broken nuts to the mix and give a stir. The final mixture should be slightly runny as the wet ingredients are more.
- Pour the mixture into muffin liners and Bake in the preheated oven for 25 -30 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the muffin tray and oven) at 180°C till the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the tray for 5 minutes.
- The muffins stay well for four days at room temperature and keep good for a week if stored in the refrigerator.
- You could use walnuts or any nuts of your choice instead of chocolate chips.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect muffins.
- The same recipe can be tried in a cake pan too, but the baking time may vary from 35-40 minutes.