Dry Dates Powder for babies & kids is a natural sweetener for baby food made with dry dates. Dates are rich in fiber, antioxidants, iron, and other essential vitamins and this dry dates powder is the best sweetener for baby and kids food, with added health benefits.
When And How To Introduce Dry Dates Powder To Babies
You can introduce this dry dates powder to your baby from 8 months; You could consume few teaspoons of this homemade dry dates powder in the below ways:
- Can be a sweetener for baby/toddler porridge’s, kheer, fruit purees, smoothies, milkshakes, custard, etc
- Sweeten the desserts, cookies or cake with it instead of sugar
Health Benefits of Dry Dates Powder for babies and kids
- Rich in iron and hence prevents anemia
- Loaded with nutrients, minerals & proteins which helps baby’s growth
- Prevents constipation in babies and kids
Here is how to make dry dates powder for babies & toddlers.
Dry Dates Powder for Babies | How to make dry dates powder for babies
Dry dates powder - a natural sweetener for babies and kids.
- Dry Dates- 2 Cups
- Take 2 cups of dry dates. Deseed the dates and chop roughly into pieces.
- Transfer the chopped dry dates in a plate, arrange it and sun dry it for 2-3 days.
- After sun drying the dry dates, it should break and crack easily. Transfer to a dry mixer jar and blend it to a smooth powder. Don't run the blender for more than 10 seconds as it may leave out oil if you grind continuously.
- Then sieve the powder thoroughly with a sieve. You can repeat the process with the granules to get more powder. Cool it down and store in an airtight container.
Tried this recipe?Mention @gkfooddiary or tag #gkfooddiary!
Here is the video of how to make dry dates powder for babies
1. Take 2 cups of dry dates. Deseed the dates and chop roughly into pieces.
2. Transfer the chopped dry dates in a plate, arrange it and sun dry it for 2-3 days.
3. After sun drying the dry dates, it should break and crack easily. Transfer to a dry mixer jar and blend it to a smooth powder. Don't run the blender for more than 10 seconds as it may leave out oil if you grind continuously.
4. Then sieve the powder thoroughly with a sieve. You can repeat the process with the granules to get more powder. Cool it down and store in an airtight container.
The homemade dry dates powder is ready!
- You can store this dry dates powder in the refrigerator. It stays good for 1 to 2 months.
- Dry the dates thoroughly under the sun before making it to powder.
- Don't run the blender for more than 10 seconds as it may leave out oil if you blend continuously.
- Make sure you cool down thoroughly before storing the powder. Otherwise, it will let out moisture.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Can I dry roast dry dates in a pan than keeping it in sun? Please let me know. Thanks.
It won't get dry properly if done in a pan. Alternatively, you can keep in an oven with lights on.
I also don’t prefer keeping in sun Bc where’ I live there is too much sand and dust outside. If I keep in oven , how long should I keep for ? And just with lights on is enough ?
Dry dates take 1-2 days to dry in oven with lights on completely. If you keep under the sun, cover it with a thin, light cloth to avoid dust.
what are the alternative methods to dry.... can we use microwave oven.
you can keep in the oven with just lights on
How can I clean the dry dates before drying?
you can wipe it with a clean dry cloth
Pratibha G Kadam
Very detailed and perfect explanation! No filters!
thank you 🙂
My baby just turned 8 months.He is 8 months,6days,can I use date powder to sweeten his cereal?
yes you can
Hello!! Can I just bake it in oven to make the process quick
you can preheat the oven for 10 mins and keep it to dry with just lights on
This recipe I desperately want to try. We dont have sunlight here now as monsoon has started. Can you please tell me in detail, how to dry/bake it in oven? Till how many hours should I bake it? I didnt get this term "lights on" as I am not used to operate Oven.
Thank you for always guiding and explaining in detail. Waiting for your reply.
You can dry in oven with the oven lights on or preheat the oven for 10 mins and dry it
Hi mam, which brand of dry dates can be used for dry dates powder?? Kindly suggest me
Thanks and Regards,
any organic brand
Hi how much quantity should be given to 10 month old baby.
1 tsp a day