Dry Dates Powder for babies & kids is a natural sweetener for baby food made with dry dates. Dates are rich in fiber, antioxidants, iron, and other essential vitamins and this dry dates powder is the best sweetener for baby and kids food, with added health benefits.
When And How To Introduce Dry Dates Powder To Babies
You can introduce this dry dates powder to your baby from 8 months; You could consume few teaspoons of this homemade dry dates powder in the below ways:
- Can be a sweetener for baby/toddler porridge’s, kheer, fruit purees, smoothies, milkshakes, custard, etc
- Sweeten the desserts, cookies or cake with it instead of sugar
Health Benefits of Dry Dates Powder for babies and kids
- Rich in iron and hence prevents anemia
- Loaded with nutrients, minerals & proteins which helps baby’s growth
- Prevents constipation in babies and kids
Dry Dates Powder for Babies | How to make dry dates powder for babies
- Dry Dates- 2 Cups
- Take 2 cups of dry dates. Deseed the dates and chop roughly into pieces.
- Transfer the chopped dry dates in a plate, arrange it and sun dry it for 2-3 days.
- After sun drying the dry dates, it should break and crack easily. Transfer to a dry mixer jar and blend it to a smooth powder. Don't run the blender for more than 10 seconds as it may leave out oil if you grind continuously.
- Then sieve the powder thoroughly with a sieve. You can repeat the process with the granules to get more powder. Cool it down and store in an airtight container.
Here is the video of how to make dry dates powder for babies
- You can store this dry dates powder in the refrigerator. It stays good for 1 to 2 months.
- Dry the dates thoroughly under the sun before making it to powder.
- Don't run the blender for more than 10 seconds as it may leave out oil if you blend continuously.
- Make sure you cool down thoroughly before storing the powder. Otherwise, it will let out moisture.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.