Eggless whole wheat pumpkin cake: Delicious recipe with wheat flour, pumpkin, walnuts, and no eggs! Pumpkin is a versatile vegetable, and I would love to try dessert recipes with pumpkin. I have already shared Pumpkin kheer and pumpkin halwa. This pumpkin cake is my recent try. I just referred this and tweaked it a bit! It turned out surprisingly good, I should say it is the best soft whole wheat cake I have ever baked.
This pumpkin cake can be given to toddlers after one year. Check out other healthy cake recipes for toddlers and kids here.
GKFoodDiary is Four today. Yes, today is our fourth blog Anniversary. Four years ago, I had just started my journey; I had no idea how long it would go. But here we are celebrating four long years, which wouldn't be possible without our readers! Thank you so much for the generous support you all have given! Do continue your support, and I need all your encouragement for all my future endeavors 🙂 And to celebrate this occasion, I chose this pumpkin cake to mark the achievement.
Now Let's check how to make this healthy egg-less whole wheat pumpkin cake.
Pumpkin Cake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Whole Wheat Flour -1.5 cups
- Pumpkin Puree - 1 cup
- Olive oil/sunflower oil/odorless oil- ⅓ cup
- Vannila Essence - 1 tsp
- Curd/Yogurt - ½ cup
- Brown Sugar/White Sugar - ⅔ cup
- Baking Soda - ½ Tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 Tsp
- Salt - ⅛ Tsp
- Broken Walnuts - ¼ cup
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Also, preheat the oven to 180 deg C for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of pumpkin puree and oil.
- Now add curd and sugar.
- Then add vanilla extract. Mix it well until the sugar is dissolved completely and the mixture is creamy.
- Place a sieve over the mixing bowl. Add 1.5 cups of wheat flour and baking powder.
- Then add Baking soda and salt.
- Sift the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Gently fold everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix. The final batter should be slightly thick.
- Finally, add in broken walnuts and give a quick mix.
- Grease a cake pan with oil. Pour the mixture to the cake tin and gently tape it. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 35 -40 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cake pan and oven) at 180° Celsius till the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool it down completely and cut into pieces!
- I used homemade pumpkin puree; You can use storebought one too.
- If the final mixture is too thick after adding wheat flour mix, add a few tablespoon of milk to get the desired consistency.
- Don't over-mix after adding the dry ingredients. Fold them for 10-15 seconds.
- This pumpkin cake stays at room temperature for four days and stays suitable for a week if stored in the refrigerator.
- You could use any nuts of your choice instead of walnuts.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cake.