Eggless health mix powder cake - Delicious and healthy cake recipe made with healthmix powder aka sathu maavu, whole wheat flour, jaggery powder, and no eggs! This cake is another way to include sathu maavu in your kid's diet if they are bored of the usual sathu maavu porridge. The health mix powder cake can be given to toddlers after one year. Also, Check out other health mix powder recipes for babies and kids
Now Let's get on to check how to make this healthy sathu maavu cake.
Health Mix Powder Cake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Health mix Powder- 3/4 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour -3/4 cup
- Jaggery Powder - 1 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 Tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt -1/8 Tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Olive oil/sunflower oil/odorless oil- 6 tbsp
- Sieve the health mix powder, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Keep it ready. Also, preheat the oven to 180 deg C for 10 minutes.
- Take a mixing bowl, add jaggery followed by milk. Mix well until the jaggery powder is dissolved.
- Now add in vanilla essence followed by oil. Stir it well with a hand whisk until the oil is mixed evenly.
- Once all the wet ingredients are mixed well, add the sieved health mix powder, whole wheat flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Gently fold everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix. Finally, add the broken walnuts and give a quick mix.
- Grease a cake pan with oil. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and gently tape it.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 30 -35 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cake pan and oven) at 180° Celsius till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool it down completely and cut into pieces!
The delicious health mix powder cake is ready to serve!!
- You can use any nuts of your choice.
- If the final mixture is too thick after adding wheat flour mix, add few tbsp of milk to get the desired consistency.
- Don't over mix after adding the dry ingredients, fold them for 10-15 seconds.
- This cake stays well for four days at room temperature and keeps good for a week if stored in a refrigerator.
- You could use any nuts of your choice to make it more healthy.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cake.