Eggless Whole wheat Banana Cake Recipe – easy and healthy cake recipe made with whole wheat flour, bananas, and no eggs! The banana cake will surely be a perfect treat for kids and banana lovers! I already have two banana cake recipes in this space with chocolate flavor and plain banana flavor, this banana cake is a slight variation to those and tastes delicious. As I already mentioned, banana is my little one’s most favorite fruit, and this banana cake is no exception. She loved this, as well. This whole wheat banana cakes can be given to toddlers after one year.
- Whole Wheat Flour -1.5 Cups
- Ripe Banana - 2 large or 2 cups mashed
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 Tsp
- Salt - ⅛ Tsp
- Broken nuts- ¼ cup
- White sugar/ Brown Sugar - ½ cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Olive oil/sunflower oil - ⅔ cup
- *I just halved the recipe measurements and tried
- Measure and Sieve the whole wheat flour and mix well with baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Also, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Measure and keep all the other ingredients ready. Take a ripe banana and cut them into slices.
- Mash the bananas well with a fork. Alternatively, you can blend the chopped banana pieces in a blender to puree them. Once the bananas are well mashed, add sugar.
- Then add oil followed by vanilla essence. Stir it well with a hand whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved. Mix well so that the oil is mixed evenly.
- Once all the wet ingredients are mixed well, add the sieved whole wheat flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix. Then add crushed nuts to the mix and give a stir. The final mixture should be thick.
- Grease a cake pan with oil. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and gently tape it. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 35 -40 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cake pan and oven) at 180° Celsius till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the tray for 5 minutes once done. Once the cake is warm, cut into pieces and serve!
Here is the video of how to make whole wheat banana cake recipe for toddlers and kids
- If the mixture is too thick after adding wheat flour, add few tbsp of water.
- Use overripe banana for best results.
- For small babies, finely chop the nuts or powder them to avoid choking.
- Don’t over mix after adding the dry ingredients, fold them for 10-15 seconds.
- This banana cake stays well for four days at room temperature and keeps good for a week if stored in the refrigerator.
- You could use any nuts of your choice or even chocolate chips.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cake.