Oats Banana Pancakes - Eggless pancakes made with oats flour and banana which makes a great finger food for babies and toddlers. I have already shared oats pancakes with eggs, and this eggless version is too simple to make within minutes and tastes distinctive.
This oats pancake is suitable for babies from one year. You can prefer to give these pancakes at breakfast/dinner or as a snack. It can be served with fruits or dates syrup. Check out more pancake recipes for babies and toddlers here.
Now Let's get on to check how to make this oats banana pancakes for babies and toddlers.
Banana Oats Pancakes Recipe for Babies and Toddlers
- Whole Oats/ Powdered Oats - 1 cup
- Water/ Milk - 3/4 cup milk any variety (don't use cows milk
- for babies below one year)
- Ripe bananas -2 small
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp optional
- Cinnamon powder - 1/8 tsp optional
- Ghee/Butter - as needed
- for making pancakes
- Measure oats and other ingredients. Keep it ready. Take the oats/oats powder in a blender jar. Add in banana pieces.
- Now add vanilla essence and cinnamon powder if using.
- Then add in milk and blend it to a fine puree.
- Transfer the ground pancake batter to a bowl. The mixture should be like idli batter consistency neither too thick nor runny. Set aside. Heat a pan or iron skillet, Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of ghee or butter.
- Add 1/4 cup of oats pancake batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. It should be thick. Cover and cook until brown on one side for five minutes.
- Flip the pancake. Cook for 1-2 mins and remove from the pan. Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- You can add two small eggs to the batter and a 1 tsp of baking powder for extra fluffy pancakes.
- You can also try with 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup of oats powder.
- Don't spread the pancake batter too thin. Otherwise, it may stick to the pan.
- You can add the nuts powder to the pancake batter to make it more healthy.
- Always check with the pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.
- You can add brown sugar or powdered jaggery for babies above one year if desired.