Suji or rava is one of the easily digestible foods for babies that can be given to Babies from 6 to 7 months after introducing apple & suji to babies separately. Apple suji kheer is one of the yummy and healthiest baby food as it doesn't require any sweetener. I already posted suji kheer with jaggery, and this Apple suji kheer is an excellent healthy variation with the addition of apples.
Apple Suji Kheer Recipe for Babies | Baby & Toddler food
- Roasted fine rava/sooji - 1.5 tsp
- Apple - 1 small sized apple or ½ of 1 big apple
- Homemade Ghee - ¼ tsp
- Water - ¼ cup
- Breastmilk/formula milk/cow's milk - ½ cup don't use cow's milk for babies under one year
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Boil cows milk (if using) in a sauce pan and keep it ready.
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Peel the apple with a peeler. Remove the seeds.
- Grate the Apple using a grater. I don't have a good grater so used blender to mash the apples. For blending i use
- Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender
- Heat a saucepan with ghee and roast the suji/rava for 3 minutes. Then add ¼ cup of water to it.
- Cook the suji/rava in medium flame for 3 minutes or until the suji/rava gets cooked completely. Stir it continuously while cooking otherwise it may stick to the vessel. Once its cooked add grated apples. Mix well. Cook it further for 3 more minutes.
- Now Add ½ cup of milk now to the cooked suji/rava. Switch off the flame & when the kheer is warm and add breastmilk or formula. No need to cook further if using breastmilk or formula. If you use cow's milk, boil the kheer for 5 more minutes or until it becomes thick. Remove from flame once done and cool it down. The kheer becomes thick after cooling down. So switch off the flame accordingly.
- Choose organic suji/rava (with wheat & without maida) for baby food.
- When selecting apples, choose sweet-tasting apples. I use gala and delicious red variety for my baby.
- Choose apples that are firm and discolored.
- Skip cow's milk if your baby is under a year old. Use breastmilk or formula instead, and no need to cook the same.
- Generally, suji/rava or apple doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- This suji apple Kheer becomes thick when cooled down. So please switch off the flame when it is a little watery.
- If your baby doesn't like the texture of suji/rava, make it to a powder by grinding it in a blender.
- Add milk at room temperature & don't cook Apple for more time. Otherwise, it may get curdled.