Indian 8 Month Baby Food Chart, Indian Baby Food recipes, By 8 Months, your baby may figure out how to use her thumb and forefinger to pick up food. This motor skill is known as a pincer grasp. Baby will let you know that she’s ready for self-feeding by grabbing the spoon when you are feeding or snatching food off from the plate.
Offering finger foods to your baby is the best way to encourage self-feeding. Hence you should include finger foods in your eight months baby diet chart along with other meals. Don’t force the baby though, as each baby is unique and adopt eating habits at their own pace. Just keep trying at your best to encourage his eating habits.
By this time, you can also include a little number of spices in your baby’s diet. Introduce one spice at a time and wait for three days to introduce next spice to check out allergic reactions.
What are finger foods?
Any bite-size, soft, melt in the mouth, pieces of food that the baby can pick up quickly and eat by themselves are called as finger foods. Cooked carrots, peas, cut apples, papaya, banana, boiled potato salad, crumbled paneer, chopped boiled egg are some examples of finger food.
Always remember that solids food can’t replace the nutrients breastmilk or formula provides during the first year. So consider including solids in your baby’s diet as a complementary feeding. Please read on seven months baby food chart (to cross check the foods you have introduced at seven months) before you plan a chart for your eight months baby food. And Consider preferring homemade meals for your baby, which is safe.
What foods can be included in 8 months baby’s diet?
At eight months, you can introduce the below foods in addition to the 6 & 7 months food chart.
What’s new on eight months baby food?
The complete list of food options for eight months baby:
Here is the full list of options you can include in 8 months old baby’s diet.
Sample Food chart or Diet plan for eight months old baby
For eight months baby, you can offer two meal and an optional snack that can be finger food or any light snack for a day. Rest should be breastfeeding or formula feeding. Also if your baby is not ready for finger foods and rejects the same, offer mashed food instead( but continue trying Finger foods once a day). Hence I have given both the options (finger foods & mashed food) in the diet chart. Choose the timings for meal and snack according to your baby’s preference.
How much quantity per day?
- Vegetables – 1/2 cup
- Fruits – 1/2 cup
- Cereal – 1/2 cup
8 Months Baby Food Recipes
Here is the collection of 8 Months Baby Food Recipes, please customize the below sample charts with the mentioned recipes that can be included in 8 months baby’s diet based on availability, convenience, and your baby’s preference.
Sample Food Chart for 8 Months Baby
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Never introduce more than one food at a time when introducing solids to your baby.
- Salt and sugar are not recommended in baby’s food until one year of age.
- Check for allergy symptoms when you are introducing a new food to your baby and stop feeding your child if you find any signs.
- This food chart is prepared to give an idea of what foods can be included in babies diet at a particular month. It should not be considered as medical advice.
- Feed your baby with breastmilk or formula milk on demand other than the timings mentioned in the chart.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using an Idli pot or steamer.