Indian 8 Month Baby Food Chart, Indian Baby Food recipes, By 8 Months, your baby may figure out how to use her thumb and forefinger to pick up food. This motor skill is known as pincer grasp. Baby will let you know that she’s ready for self feeding by grabbing the spoon when you are feeding or snatching food off from the plate.
Offering finger foods to your baby is the best way to encourage self feeding. Hence you should include finger foods in your 8 months baby diet chart along with other meals. Don’t force the baby though, as each baby is unique and adopt eating habits at their own pace. Just keep trying at your best to encourage his eating habits.
By this time, you can also include little amount of spices in your baby’s diet. Introduce one spice at a time and wait for 3 days to introduce next spice in order to check out allergic reactions.
Any bite size,soft, melt in mouth pieces of food that the baby can pick up easily and eat by themselves is called as finger foods. Cooked carrots, peas, cut apples, papaya, banana, boiled potato salad, crumbled paneer, chopped boiled egg are some examples of finger food.
Always remember that solids food can’t replace the nutrients breastmilk or formula provides during the first year. So consider including solids in your baby’s diet as a complementary feeding. Please read on 7 months baby food chart (to cross check the foods you have introduced at 7 months) before you plan a chart for your 8 months baby food. And Consider preferring homemade foods for your baby, which is safe.
At 8 months, you can introduce the below foods in addition to the 6 & 7 months food chart.
Here are the complete list of options you can include in 8 months old baby’s diet.
For 8 months baby, you can offer two meal and a optional snack that can be finger food or any light snack for a day. Rest should be breastfeeding or formula feeding. Also if your baby is not ready for finger foods and rejects the same , just offer mashed food instead( but continue trying Finger foods once a day). Hence I have given both the options (finger foods & mashed food) in the diet chart. Choose the timings for meal and snack according to your baby’s preference.
- Vegetables – 1/2 cup
- Fruits – 1/2 cup
- Cereal – 1/2 cup
Here is the collection of 8 Months Baby Food Recipes, please customize the below sample charts with the mentioned recipes that can be included in 8 months baby’s diet based on availability, convenience and your baby’s preference.
Sample Food Chart for 8 Months Baby
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Never introduce more than 1 food at a time when introducing solids to your baby.
- Salt and sugar is not recommended in baby’s food until 1 years of age.
- Check for allergy symptoms when you introducing a new food to your baby and stop feeding your if you find any symptoms.
- This food chart is prepared to give an idea on what foods can be included in babies diet at particular month. It should not be considered as a medical advice.
- Feed your baby with breastmilk or formula milk on demand other than the timings mentioned in the chart.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using a Idli pot or steamer.