Carrot beetroot potato puree is a creamy healthy puree and makes a wholesome meal for babies. The ideal age to introduce potato and beetroot in babies is between 8 to 10 months of age. I have already posted carrot potato puree here. I wanted to include beetroot in my baby's diet as it contains high amount of calcium, vitamin A and loaded with fiber.
I have introduced beetroot to my baby as beetroot puree. But she didn't like the taste at all. Then I have combined beetroot with carrot and made puree with it. Again she didn't accept that too. But to my surprise, she had this carrot beetroot potato puree without any complaints. I am happy that I found a way to make her eat beetroot. Let's get on to check how to make this healthy carrot beetroot potato puree.
Carrot Beetroot Potato Puree for Babies
- Carrot - 1 medium sized
- Beetroot - 1/2 of the small sized beetroot
- Potato - 1 medium sized
- Water - as needed
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash carrot, beetroot and potato in running water well. Then peel the skin off from carrot , beetroot and potato with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Steam the chopped potato, beetroot & carrot pieces in a steamer for 15 minutes.You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending i use
- Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender
- Once the carrot, beetroot & potato are steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Now blend it with little water to a smooth paste in a blender.
- It is advisable to introduce potatoes and beetroot into babies diet once they completed 8 months.
- Generally carrot, beetroot, potato doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using a Idli pot or steamer.