Carrot Beetroot Potato Puree for Babies
- Carrot - 1 medium sized
- Beetroot - ½ of the small sized beetroot
- Potato - 1 medium sized
- Water - as needed
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash carrot, beetroot and potato in running water well. Then peel the skin off from carrot , beetroot and potato with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Steam the chopped potato, beetroot & carrot pieces in a steamer for 15 minutes.You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For bot
- Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender
- Once the carrot, beetroot & potato are steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Now blend it with little water to a smooth paste in a blender.
1. Wash carrot, beetroot, and potato in a running water well. Then peel the skin off the carrot, beetroot, and potato with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Steam the chopped potato, beetroot & carrot pieces in a steamer for 15 minutes. You can steam it with an Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water, or pressure cooks it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending, I use Combined Steamer and Blender
- It is advisable to introduce potatoes and beetroot into baby's diets once they complete 8 months.
- Generally, carrots, beetroot, and potato don't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using an Idli pot or steamer.
Thanks for wonderful website.
Helps me to a lot especially when I don't know what to make
Thank you so much Meenal for your kind words!
Very helpful and healthy recipes
Very useful site. Thank u mam