Bread omelette or eggy bread is a easy peasy recipe that is a sure hit among kids. Its very quick to prepare but makes a wholesome breakfast or snack for kids. This eggy bread is healthy too as it is a good source of vitamins and irons.
Here is how to make egg omelette or eggy bread for babies & toddlers.
- Eggs - 1 no
- Pepper powder - a pinch (optional)
- Bread - 2 slices
- Butter or ghee - 1 tsp
- Take 2 slices of bread and one egg. Crack eggs and beat them using a whisk in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle pepper powder over the beaten if using. Keep it ready. Dip one piece of bread in the egg and coat both the sides of bread. Repeat this for other slice too.
- Heat butter or ghee in a tawa. Once its hot, transfer the soaked bread to the tawa, cook it for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Turn over and cook the other side too. Once finished, switch off the flame.
- Use wholewheat bread for a healthy version.
- For babies aged less than a year old, use only egg yolks to make this eggy bread recipe as egg whites may cause allergies in some babies.
- Always check with your baby’s doctor before introducing new food.