Apple makes excellent first food for babies as it's less likely to cause allergies. Apples are loaded with full of nutrition & fiber. Apples should be steamed or boiled until the baby turned 8 months to ensure easier digestion. After eight months, you can offer peeled raw apples as finger food to your baby. Let's check how to make this healthy Apple puree or Apple sauce for babies.
Apple Sauce for Babies | How to make Apple puree for babies | Baby Food
- Apple - 1 medium sized
- Water - as needed
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash apple in running water well. Peel the skin off from the apple with a peeler. Remove the seeds in the centre part after cutting the Apple vertically into two pieces. Then chop them into equal size small cubes.
- Steam chopped apple pieces in a steamer for 5 minutes. You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending i use
- Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender
- Once the apple is steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Now blend it with little water to a smooth paste in a blender.
- When selecting apples, choose sweet tasting apples. I use gala and delicious red variety for my baby.
- Choose apples that are firm and discolored
- You can mash it with a fork instead of blending the apples.
- Generally, the apple doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using an Idli pot or steamer.