Apple Sauce for Babies | How to make Apple puree for babies | Baby Food
Apple puree - Easy and healthy steamed puree for babies with apples which makes a great first food for babies!
- Apple - 1 medium sized
- Water - as needed
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash apple in running water well. Peel the skin off from the apple with a peeler. Remove the seeds in the centre part after cutting the Apple vertically into two pieces. Then chop them into equal size small cubes.
- Steam chopped apple pieces in a steamer for 5 minutes. You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending i use
- Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender
- Once the apple is steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Now blend it with little water to a smooth paste in a blender.
Tried this recipe?Mention @gkfooddiary or tag #gkfooddiary!
1. Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same container until use.
1. Wash the apple in a running water well. Peel the skin off the apple with a peeler. Remove the seeds in the center part after cutting the Apple vertically into two pieces. Then chop them into equal size small cubes.
2. Steam chopped apple pieces in a steamer for 5 minutes. You can steam it with an Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water, or pressure cooks it with a cup of water for two whistles. For both steaming and blending, I use Combined Steamer and Blender . Once the apple is steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Now blend it with little water to a smooth paste in a blender.
Healthy apple puree is ready to feed your baby.
- When selecting apples, choose sweet-tasting apples. I use gala and delicious red variety for my baby.
- Choose apples that are firm and discolored
- You can mash it with a fork instead of blending the apples.
- Generally, the apple doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using an Idli pot or steamer.
Can I give this apple puree to my 11 months old without steaming.??
Yes you can give without steaming for a 11 month old.
Can I give without steaming for my 7month old baby ??
steaming ensures easier digestion.. you can give grated apples in case if you want to give it raw
Can i give it to my 6 months old boy?
yes you can
Can i give raw puree without streaming,for my 7month old baby
Yes, but steamed apples are easily digestible for baby.
Hi I am working , can I make this apple purée at 530 in the morning ? I will leave for work at 630 . When can this purée be fed to the baby ? At room temperature right ?
Any puree stays good at room temp only for 2-3 hours if the temperature is above 30 deg c. I would suggest to store in the refrigerator, bring it to room temp and reheat before feeding your baby.
Can you freeze this purées?
can i give steaming puree in evening 6 pm