Apple makes a great first food for babies as it’s less likely to cause allergies. Apples are loaded with full of nutrition’s & fiber. Apples should be steamed or boiled until the baby turn 8 months to ensure easier digestion. After 8 months, u can offer peeled raw apples as finger food to your baby. Let’s check how to make this healthy Apple puree or Apple sauce for babies.
Apple Sauce for Babies | How to make Apple puree for babies | Baby Food
- Apple - 1 medium sized
- Water - as needed
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash apple in running water well. Peel the skin off from the apple with a peeler. Remove the seeds in the centre part after cutting the Apple vertically into two pieces. Then chop them into equal size small cubes.
- Steam chopped apple pieces in a steamer for 5 minutes. You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending i use
- Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender
- Once the apple is steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Now blend it with little water to a smooth paste in a blender.
- When selecting apples, choose sweet tasting apples. I use gala and red delicious variety for my baby.
- Choose apples that are firm and discolored
- You can mash it with fork instead of blending the apples.
- Generally apple doesn’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using a Idli pot or steamer.