Banana pancakes are the best finger foods for babies and a great snack option for toddlers and kids. This simplest pancakes can be made in minutes and needs only two ingredients: banana & eggs. It's quite filling and rich in nutrients as well.
You can give this to babies from 8 months as finger food or snack. These banana pancakes are mild sweet in taste, which suits the baby's taste buds. Check another version of banana pancakes with wheat flour here.
Easy Banana Pancakes Recipe with eggs for Babies & Kids | Baby Food
- Banana - 1 big sized or 2 small ones
- Eggs - 2 small ones
- Oil/butter - for making pancakes
- Optional ingredients for Toddlers:
- Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Chopped nuts - 2 Tsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp for topping
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Take banana & eggs. Mash the bananas well with your hand or fork. Beat the eggs well along with bananas using a whisk to a smooth mixture. Keep it ready.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet, add a small spoon of pancake mix to it and spread it to form a thin circle. Don't spread too much. Sprinkle oil or butter. Cook until brown on one side for five minutes and flip the pancakes carefully. Cook for a minute and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for the remaining mix.
Here is the video of how to make banana pancakes recipes for babies and toddlers
- When making this banana pancakes for small babies, banana quantity should be more than eggs.
- Choose ripe and sweet banana for making this pancake.
- For small babies, offer as a finger food by cutting into small cubes or mash the pancakes with your hands/ dip it in warm water and give.
- Make these pancakes only with egg yolk for babies less than a year old, if your pediatrician doesn't recommend egg whites until one year.
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of scrapped Coconut, a handful of nuts/nuts powder and make these pancakes for toddlers and adults & serve with honey.
- Don't spread it too thin. Otherwise, it may stick to the tawa.
- Introduce this banana pancakes to your baby after introducing banana & egg separate.
- Generally, banana doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Adding sugar and honey is not recommended until one year of age.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.