Banana pancakes are the best finger foods for babies and a great snack option for toddlers and kids. This simplest pancakes can be made in minutes and needs only two ingredients: banana & eggs. It’s quite filling and rich in nutrients as well.
You can give this to babies from 8 months as finger food or snack. These banana pancakes are mild sweet in taste, which suits the baby’s taste buds. Check another version of banana pancakes with wheat flour here.
- Banana - 1 big sized or 2 small ones
- Eggs - 2 small ones
- Oil/butter - for making pancakes
- Optional ingredients for Toddlers:
- Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Chopped nuts - 2 Tsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp (for topping)
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Take banana & eggs. Mash the bananas well with your hand or fork. Beat the eggs well along with bananas using a whisk to a smooth mixture. Keep it ready.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet, add a small spoon of pancake mix to it and spread it to form a thin circle. Don't spread too much. Sprinkle oil or butter. Cook until brown on one side for five minutes and flip the pancakes carefully. Cook for a minute and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for the remaining mix.
Here is the video of how to make banana pancakes recipes for babies and toddlers
- When making this banana pancakes for small babies, banana quantity should be more than eggs.
- Choose ripe and sweet banana for making this pancake.
- For small babies, offer as a finger food by cutting into small cubes or mash the pancakes with your hands/ dip it in warm water and give.
- Make these pancakes only with egg yolk for babies less than a year old, if your pediatrician doesn’t recommend egg whites until one year.
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of scrapped Coconut, a handful of nuts/nuts powder and make these pancakes for toddlers and adults & serve with honey.
- Don’t spread it too thin. Otherwise, it may stick to the tawa.
- Introduce this banana pancakes to your baby after introducing banana & egg separate.
- Generally, banana doesn’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Adding sugar and honey is not recommended until one year of age.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.