Mashed vegetables are the best way to introduce roughly mashed food for babies which stimulates the chewing practice. This mashed vegetables recipe is suitable for babies of age 7 to 8 months. Once your baby is comfortable with pureed foods, you can gradually shift to mashed foods and finger foods.
While introducing mashed foods , baby may give reactions like coughing or even vomiting. Don't come to the conclusion that your baby dislikes mashed food, keep offering different textures so that the baby eventually learn to eat this foods. Let's get on to check how to make this mashed vegetables for babies.
Mashed Vegetables for Babies | How to introduce mashed foods to babies|Baby Food
- Carrot - 1 medium sized
- Cauliflower or Broccoli - 5 florets
- Potato - 1 medium sized
- Grated cheese - 1 tbsp
- Water - as needed
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash and soak the cauliflower in hot water for 5 minutes to get rid of the worms if any. Wash carrot and potato in running water well. Then peel the skin off from carrot and potato with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Steam the chopped potato, cauliflower florets & carrot pieces in a steamer for 15 minutes. You can steam it with Idli steamer plate by adding a cup of water or pressure cook it with a cup of water for 2 whistles. For both steaming and blending i use
- Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender
- Once the carrot, cauliflower & potato are steamed, it will be soft and transparent. Mash it with a fork until well mashed. Mix grated cheese to the mashed vegetables.
- It is advisable to introduce potatoes and cauliflower into babies diet once they completed 8 months as they may cause gas if introduced earlier.
- Generally carrot, potato, cauliflower doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using a Idli pot or steamer.
Hi kalyani how to introduce cauliflower for my 9 th month running baby for the first time?
Steam cook n toss it with a pinch of turmeric n, pepper powder..
What type of cheese I can introduce to my 8 months baby
Any soft unsalted cheeses like cottage cheese, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, cheddar etc.
Hi .what kind of food pefer for evening and dinner
How old is your baby
how to introduce Green peas for my 8 month old baby for the first time?
Steam green peas. Puree or mash it and feed. You can try this one too: https://gkfooddiary.com/green-peas-potato-puree-babies/
Can I start dis recipe for 7 months Babies