This green peas potato puree can be given to babies from 6-8 months after introducing green peas and potato separate.
Also, check other puree recipes for 6 to 12 months babies:
- Potato - 1 small sized
- Green Peas- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Butter - 1 Tsp
- Water - ½ cup
- Wash the potato and peas in running water thoroughly. Peel the potato skin off with a peeler, cut them into cubes.
- Open the pods from fresh Peas and scrape out the peas from the pod. Transfer the cubed potatoes and peas to pressure cooker.
- Add ¼ tsp of cumin seeds and add ½ cup of water.
- Pressure cook it for two whistles in medium flame. Open the cooker once pressure released. Transfer it to a blender and add 1 tsp of butter.
- Grind it to a smooth paste. Add the water which is used for cooking to reach the desired consistency while grinding. You could also mash it with a potato masher instead of blending.
- Adjust water consistency according to the thickness you prefer.
- You can also use frozen Peas. In that case, cook the peas according to package directions
- Check with your baby’s doctor before introducing any new food to your baby.
- You could also mash it with a potato masher instead of grinding them.