Bread upma is a easy snack recipe that you can offer to your kids, as it can be made in jiffy. Add some cooked vegetables to this bread upma to make it filling and can be served as breakfast/dinner too. Bread upma is my baby's favorite. I like anything made with breads and now my daughter has adopted her mothers habit! You can give this bread upma to babies of age 10 months.
Easy Bread Upma Recipe | Toddler Food
- Whole wheat Bread - 3 slices
- Big onion - 1 small sized
- Tomato - 1 small
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Chop the bread slices into bite sized cubes. Finely chop the onion & tomatoes. Keep everything ready.
- Heat 1 tbsp spoon of butter in a pan and melt it. Then add cumin seeds. Let it crackle. Add onions now and fry till transparent.
- Once the onions become transparent, add tomatoes in. Saute till the raw smell of tomato leaves and becomes mushy. Now sprinkle turmeric powder, pepper powder and required salt to it. Give a quick stir.
- Finally add chopped bread cubes and mix gently with the masala. Keep stirring until the masala is well coated with the bread pieces. Switch off the flame once done.
- Always choose whole wheat bread to make this bread upma healthy.
- To make it more filling and wholesome, add cooked vegetables like carrot, peas, beans etc to bread upma.
- Adding salt is not recommended in baby food unless they turned one year.
- It is mildly spiced with the above mentioned ingredients. Add 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder if you are making it for adults.
- Add 1 tsp of tomato sauce if you want the bread upma to be tangy.