My baby loves curd and her meal always ends up with curd. So this plain lassi was no exception and she enjoy this drink thoroughly. I make this often as she likes this plain lassi a lot as every time she used to lick the glass. This plain lassi is suitable for babies aged ten months plus and toddlers.
- Thick Curd/yogurt - ½ cup
- Water - ½ cup
- Salt/sugar - as required
- Roasted Jeera powder - ⅛ tsp
- Mint/ corainder leaves - few (optional for garnishing)
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Take ½ cup of curd in a mixing bowl and add jeera powder. Mix it well.
- Blend the curd and jeera powder with water in a blender to a smooth mixture. Then add sugar or salt as per your preference. Run the blender for 30 seconds or until frothy.
- Use homemade curd and make sure the curd is not sour.
- Adding salt or sugar to the lassi is purely your preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Salt or sugar is not advisable for babies under one year.