Moong dal Dosa- easy, healthy and wholesome breakfast/dinner recipe. This moong dal dosa tastes similar to whole green gram dosa(pesarattu) and very quick to make too as it doesn't require any fermentation. I used to make Whole green gram dosa(pesarattu) once in two weeks for its healthy goodness and when I am running out of regular idli dosa batter. For a change, I have tried with moong dal instead of whole green gram, surprisingly it turned out nice:) This moong dal dosa is easily digestible and soft, hence it can be given to babies from 8 months with curd once you introduced basic fruits, vegetables and cereals.
Now let's get on to check how to make moong dal dosa recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
Moong dal Dosa Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Moong dal - 1 cup
- Rice - 1 tbsp optional
- Green chilli - 1
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic - 2 cloves optional
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Water - as needed
- Salt- adjust as per taste
- Wash and soak moong dal & rice(if using) for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Chop green chillies, ginger and garlic. Keep it ready. Start grinding the moong dal with chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli by adding little water in frequent intervals.
- Grind them to a smooth paste. Then transfer the moong dal batter to a separate vessel. Now add cumin seeds and required salt. Mix well.
- For making dosa's, Heat a tawa, spread the dosa thin in circular motion. Cook it for 2 minutes. Once done flip the dosa and cook it for a minute. Remove from the pan once done.
- You could also add 2 tbsp of finely chopped onions to the batter.
- Adding rice is optional. I didn't use it. If you want your dosa's crispier, then you must add rice.
- Skip salt for babies below one year.
- You could make this dosa's thin or thick as per your preference, in both the ways it tastes good.
- Always check with your pediatrician before giving any new food.