Moong dal Dosa- easy, healthy and wholesome breakfast/dinner recipe. This moong dal dosa tastes similar to whole green gram dosa(pesarattu) and very quick to make too as it doesn’t require any fermentation. I used to make Whole green gram dosa(pesarattu) once in two weeks for its healthy goodness and when I am running out of regular idli dosa batter. For a change, I have tried with moong dal instead of whole green gram, surprisingly it turned out nice:) This moong dal dosa is easily digestible and soft, hence it can be given to babies from 8 months with curd once you introduced basic fruits, vegetables and cereals.
Now let’s get on to check how to make moong dal dosa recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
- Moong dal - 1 cup
- Rice - 1 tbsp (optional)
- Green chilli - 1
- Ginger - ½ inch piece
- Garlic - 2 cloves (optional)
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Water - as needed
- Salt- adjust as per taste
- Wash and soak moong dal & rice(if using) for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Chop green chillies, ginger and garlic. Keep it ready. Start grinding the moong dal with chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli by adding little water in frequent intervals.
- Grind them to a smooth paste. Then transfer the moong dal batter to a separate vessel. Now add cumin seeds and required salt. Mix well.
- For making dosa's, Heat a tawa, spread the dosa thin in circular motion. Cook it for 2 minutes. Once done flip the dosa and cook it for a minute. Remove from the pan once done.
- You could also add 2 tbsp of finely chopped onions to the batter.
- Adding rice is optional. I didn’t use it. If you want your dosa’s crispier, then you must add rice.
- Skip salt for babies below one year.
- You could make this dosa’s thin or thick as per your preference, in both the ways it tastes good.
- Always check with your pediatrician before giving any new food.