Whole moong dal dosa, Green Gram dosa or pesarattu is a Andhra special dosa variety made with green moong dal. It was introduced to me after coming to Chennai. The moment I have tasted this Dosa in a restaurant, I loved it to the core for its unique taste, green color and health factor as well.
We include green moong dal in our weekly menu in the form of Pesarattu dosa, Sundal or sprouts as it has high proteins. This healthy dosa is very simple to make with few ingredients and apt for breakfast. Serve the dosa with rava Upma, coconut chutney, Idli Milagai podi or even curd. It tastes good with out any side dish too. This can be given to babies from 10 months. Now let’s get on to check whole moong dal dosa recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
Whole Moong Dal Dosa Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids | Green Gram Dosa (Andhra Pesarattu)
- Green moong dal - 3/4 cup
- Raw rice - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1 medium sized
- Green chillies - 2
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Garlic - 3 small cloves
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as needed
- Soak green moong dal and raw rice for 8 hours or overnight. The water fully absorbed by the green moong in the morning and it will be double in volume. In a blender, take soaked green moong dal with rice,ginger, green chillies, garlic cloves and cumin seeds. Add little water and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Chop the onions finey and keep aside.Transfer the ground batter to the vessel and add onions,Corainder leaves along with salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a dosa tawa, add a laddle of batter to it and spread thin or thick as per your preference. Cook until brown for three minutes and flip the dosa. Cook for another two mintutes and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.