Instant ragi dosa made with homemade sprouted ragi flour is a healthy breakfast/Dinner for babies, toddlers and kids. I have already posted fermented ragi dosa with urad dal which needs soaking and grinding but yields soft ragi dosas. This version is instant , requires no soaking and not much soft but tastes best when you serve this hot directly from tawa. I usually prefer ragi dosa with urad dal, but I make this instant version when there is a demand for quick healthy breakfast/dinner as once mixing part is done, your dosa will be ready in no time!
You can give this to babies from 8 months as a breakfast/dinner. It's a healthy alternative choice to your baby when he/she is bored of the usual ragi porridge. Try this instant ragi dosa for a change and am sure your kid will love it! Let's get on to check how to make this healthy instant ragi dosa for babies & kids.
Instant Ragi Dosa Recipe for babies,Toddlers & Kids | Baby Food
- Ragi flour - ½ cup
- Rice Flour or wheat flour - 3 tbsp
- Onions - 1 small sized
- Curd - 1 tbsp
- Cocount scrapped - 2 tbsp optional
- Ginger finely chopped - 1 tsp optional
- Cumin Seeds - a pinch
- Water - as required
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - for making dosas
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Measure ragi flour & rice flour. Keep it ready. In a vessel, add ragi flour, rice flour, onion(I didn't add) scrapped cocount (if using) , chopped ginger, cumin seeds. Add water little by little and mix well so that no lumps are formed. The batter should be like regular dosa batter consistency neither too thick nor runny. Set aside.
- Heat a dosa tawa, add a laddle of batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. Sprinkle oil. Cook it covered until brown on one side for five minutes and flip the dosa. Cook for 2 more minutes and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for remaining batter.
- I have used home made sprouted ragi flour, you can use organic ready made ragi flour too.
- For small babies, skip coconut. Just mash the dosa with your hands or just dip in warm water and give.
- I made small dosas. If you want crispy dosas like rava/suji dosa, add more water while mixing the batter and make the batter thin. While making dosas, pour the batter from outer corner of the tawa and fill inside.
- You can skip ginger if you don't like the flavor.
- Generally ragi doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Adding salt is not recommended until 1 year of age.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
can we give ragi chappathi for 2yr old kid for dinner....
should ragi be avoided during summer?
you can give it if it suits your child
Can i skip rice flour in this recipe
Though you have given curd in ingredient but not added in receipe, you advise curds to added for toddlers
yes can add curd