Cheese Uttappam – Thick pancake like dosa made with grated veggies and cheese. I am sure this cheese uttappam will be kid’s favorite breakfast or dinner even with fussy eaters. It’s nutritious as it has the goodness of vegetables & cheese, and filling too. You can check my collection of 15+ dosa varieties here.
Cheese uttappams are the best breakfast or dinner option for babies, toddlers, and kids. This can be made in minutes and needs only dosa batter & grated veggies and cheese. You can give this to babies from 8 months as finger food. Let’s check how to make this easy cheese uttappam for babies, toddlers, and kids.
Cheesy Uttappam Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Dosa batter - 1 cup
- Onions - 2 tbsp chopped
- Tomato - 1 tbsp chopped optional
- Grated carrot - 2 tbsp
- Corainder leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- Grated cheese - 2 tbsp
- Oil/Ghee - for making Uttappams
- Chop the onions, corainder leaves and tomatoes finely. Grate carrots and cheese. Keep everything ready.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet, add a laddle of idli dosa batter to it and spread it to form a circle. It should be thick like pancakes. After few seconds, sprinkle chopped onions, tomatoes, corainder leaves and grated carrots on the dosa and press it over the dosa with a help of spoon. Sprinkle oil/ghee. Cook in low medium flame.
- Cook until brown on one side for three minutes and flip it carefully. Cook for a minute and flip the uttappam again and add grated cheese. Cook it until cheese melts. Repeat the same for remaining dosa batter.
- When making this cheese uttapam for small babies aged less than one year, use little onions, cheese, and more veggies.
- I used mozzarella cheese this time. You can use any cheese type even homemade ricotta cheese.
- For small babies, offer as a finger food by cutting into small cubes or Just mash the dosa with your hands/ dip it in warm water and give.
- Cooking in a low flame is very important to get the right color.
- Don’t spread it thin.
- Introduce this cheesy uttappam to your baby after introducing cheese & veggies separate.
- This cheese uttappam tastes best when served hot.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.