Healthy Soup Recipe collection – Soups are healthy, delicious, easily digestible comforting nutritional food for babies, toddlers & kids during the rainy/winter season and when they have a common cold. Soups are even the best to opt when the child is fussy about food or eating vegetables.
Here are some healthy, easy to make soup recipes for babies, toddlers, and kids. Also, check out our collection of the entire homemade baby food recipes for 6-12 months if interested.
- Before making the soups, wash the vegetables and fruits well.
- Always serve the soups fresh and warm. Better to consume the soups within 1 hour from the preparation.
- Start with 4-5 tsp and gradually feed more quantity based on baby’s interest and tolerance.
- Watery soups can be added to baby porridges or cooked rice.
- Spices can be added to soups after eight months, add one spice at a time when you are introducing which helps to prevent allergic reactions and upset tummies.
- If the recipe calls for formula milk, make sure to not to boil/cook it. Prepare the soup with water and once the soup is warm, add prepared formula milk.
- No need to add salt to the soups until your baby turns one year.
- If your baby is allergenic to any ingredient used in the soup recipe, please remove it while preparing.
- Soups should be preferred occasionally during illness or monsoon/winter seasons To get the baby to adapt to different textures and taste. Make sure to include a variety of foods in their monthly diet other than soups.
Healthy Soup Recipe Collection for babies, toddlers, and Kids:
1. Rice Soup/ Rice Gruel (6 Months+) :
2. Moong Dal Soup ( 6 months +):
5. Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup (6 Months+):
7. Tomato Soup/ Tomato Rasam (8 Months+):
10. Mixed Vegetables Soup (8 Months+):
11. Vegetable Lentils Soup (8 Months+):
13. Broccoli Soup (1 year+):
14. Spinach Soup (10 Months+):
15. Carrot Soup (8 Months+):
- Make sure you have introduced each food separate and checked for allergies before trying any soup recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before giving any food.
- Avoid salt and any kind of sugar at least till one year.
- Adjust spices according to your child’s tolerance level.