Avocado soup – easy, creamy and healthy soup with avocados. Avocados are known for its health benefits and hence I always find ways to include them in my daughters diet as she doesn’t prefer plain avocados. The avocado recipes collection in the blog justifies it! One such try is this avocado soup. It turned out good and tasty. This avocado soup can be given to babies from 8 months. Check out other ?healthy soup recipes? for babies and kids here. Now Let’s check how to make this creamy avocado soup recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
Avocado Soup Recipe for Babies,Toddlers Kids
- Avocado - 1 medium sized
- Water- 1 cup
- Onions - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 small cloves finely chopped
- Salt - as needed
- Turmeric Powder -1/8 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- Butter- 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Fresh Cream - 1 tsp optional
- Wash and scoop avocado flesh, then chop them into cubes. Set aside. Finely chop onions, garlic cloves and coriander leaves. Keep them ready. Heat a pan with a tsp of butter along with cumin seeds. Let the cumin seeds splutter.
- Now add finely chopped onion and garlic. Stir it for 2 minutes. Then add 1 cup of water along with turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Add in chopped coriander leaves followed by chopped avocado cubes.
- Boil everything together for 3- 5 minutes in low flame. Switch off the flame once done. Then grind the avocado mix in a blender. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Now pour the ground mix in a pan and bring it to a boil in low flame.Add fresh cream to the soup at the final stage and boil it further for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame once done. Adding fresh cream is optional.
- The soup should be medium thick and hence adjust water amount while boiling. Otherwise the soup may not taste good if water added while grinding.
- Introduce this avocado to your baby, after introducing avocado separate.
- Skip salt and fresh cream for babies below one year.
- You could use vegetable stock or chicken stock instead of water to make this soup.
- Cook the soup in low flame to avoid burning in the bottom.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Adjust pepper powder according to your preference.
- Prefer soups for babies below one year only when they are sick or on hunger strike.