Pumpkin Soup - Healthy and tasty soup with pumpkin, garlic and pepper powder for babies, toddlers, and kids. Pumpkin is a nutritious vegetable, rich in minerals, fiber, and vitamins. There are many ways pumpkin can be incorporated into babies diet as puree, halwa, kheer, etc. This pumpkin soup is one of the easiest ways to include pumpkin and can be given to babies from 8 months.
Check out other pumpkin recipes for babies, toddlers, and Kids.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Cubed Pumpkin - 1 cup
- Onions - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 small cloves finely chopped
- Almonds - 2
- Walnuts - 2
- Salt - as required
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Water - 3/4 cups
- Olive Oil- 1 Tsp
- Wash, peel and chop pumpkin into cubes. Finely chop onions & garlic. Keep all the other ingredients ready. In a pressure cooker, heat a tbsp of oil and add garlic. Saute them for few seconds. Now add onions. Fry them nicely until translucent.
- Now add in cubed pumpkin. Give a quick stir. Then add in walnuts and almonds and mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup of water. Sprinkle required salt.
- Pressure cook everything together for two whistles in medium low flame. Once the pressure is released, open the cooker. Add in pepper powder at this stage.
- Transfer the pressure cooked the pumpkin to a blender with water used for cooking. Grind it to a smooth puree. Serve the soup warm!
Here is the video of how to make pumpkin soup for baby and Toddlers
- Adjust pepper powder according to your preference.
- Don't use more water for pressure cooking. Otherwise, the soup will be watery.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Skip salt for babies below one year.