Oats soup is a wholesome, creamy, healthy soup for toddlers and kids. Soups are the best option when your child is not interested in eating or when they are sick. This oats soup is filling that makes a satisfying meal for your little ones. I have made this oats soup with whole oats, but you can powder the oats and use if you are baby doesn't like the texture of oats. The oats vegetable soup can be given to babies after one year. Check out other oats recipes for babies and kids here.
Now let us get on to check how to make oats soup recipe for toddlers and kids.
Oats Soup Recipe For Toddlers & Kids
- 1/4 cup Whole Oats/Powdered Oats
- 1/2 cup water
- Onion -2 tbsp finely chopped as required
- Butter/Oil - 1/2 tsp
- 2 Garlic 2-3 cloves minced
- Carrot, beans,peas - 2 tbsp chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tbsp Pepper powder
- 1/8 tbsp oregano optional
- 1 cup Milk
- Add butter to the pan and melt it. Add garlic.
- Add in onions. Saute them for two minutes.
- Now add chopped vegetable pieces and salt.
- Let it cook for a few minutes. Add in whole oats or powdered oats, Mix well.
- Then add water. Cook this covered for 5 mins
- Once the oats are soft and cooked, add Milk.
- Simmer for 5 mins or until thick. Then add pepper powder.
- Add in oregano and mix well. Boil it for two more minutes and Switch off the flame.
Introduce this oats soup to your baby after introducing oats, vegetables, and cows milk separately.
- You can grind the soup after cooking vegetables and oats, then boil with Milk if your baby doesn't like to eat vegetables as such.
- Adjust spices according to your child's preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.