Sweet corn soup - easy, creamy and healthy soup with sweet corn. Most of the kids like sweet corn as it has sweet taste. This sweet corn soup is no exception, also its very easy to make at home and ideal as an evening or mid morning snack for kids.
Sweet corn can be given to babies from 11 months and prepare this soup using water instead of milk for babies below one year. Check out other ?healthy soup recipes? for babies and kids here. Now Let's check how to make this creamy sweet corn soup recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
Sweet Corn Soup Recipe for Babies,Toddlers Kids
- Corn cob - 1 medium sized or Corn kernels - 1 cup
- Water/milk - 1 cup
- Garlic - 2 small cloves finely chopped optional
- Salt - as needed
- Butter- 1/2 tbsp
- Oregano - 1/2 tsp optional
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Corn Flour- 1/2 tsp optional
- Take the corn cob and pressure cook it for 3 whistles. Then collect the corn kernels and set aside.
- Then grind the cooked corn kernels (reserve some corn kernels to use it in the soup) in a blender with 1/4 cup of water or milk. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with a tsp of butter add finely chopped garlic. Stir it for 2 minutes.Then add sweet corn paste and bring it to a boil in low flame.
- Now add the remaining milk/water and bring it to a boil again. After that add in required salt, oregano & pepper powder.Give a quick stir.
- Add corn flour in 2 tbsp of milk and mix well without lumps. Then add the corn flour mixture to the soup and boil it for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame once done. This is an optional step.
- Introduce this sweet corn soup to your baby, after introducing sweet corn separate.
- Skip salt for babies below one year and use water to make the soup.
- Cook the soup in low flame to avoid burning in the bottom.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- You also add vegetables like carrot and beans to this soup for added nutrition.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- Prefer soups for babies below one year only when they are sick or on hunger strike.