Cauliflower Soup is a healthy, creamy soup with nuts, pepper powder, and onions. Cauliflower tastes best when combined with nuts and loved by kids because of its creamy texture. It takes very little time to prepare but tastes delicious. Cauliflower soup can be given to babies from 8 months, and it is the best option to include cauliflower in the baby's diet. Read more here on when and how to introduce cauliflower to babies and how to select them.
Cauliflower Soup Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids| Easy Soup Recipes
- Cauliflower florets - 1 cup
- Onions - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic - 4 small cloves finely chopped
- Salt - as required
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Butter- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Walnuts/Almonds - 6
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Water -1/2 cup
- Finely chop onions & garlic, also keep all the other ingredients ready. Wash cauliflower in running water well. Take florets from cauliflower and keep it ready. Boil water in a saucepan with a little salt and turmeric powder. Switch off the flame and add cauliflower florets to it. Keep it undisturbed for 5 minutes. Then drain the water and keep it ready.
- In a pressure cooker, heat a tsp of butter and add cumin seeds. Let it splutter. Then add garlic. Saute them for two minutes. Now add onions. Fry them nicely until golden brown.
- Now add cauliflower florets. Give a quick stir. Add 1/2 cup of water. Pressure cook the cauliflower florets, garlic, and fried onions together for one whistle. Once the pressure is released open the cooker, it will be soft.
- Transfer the pressure cooked cauliflower to a blender along with milk and walnuts or nuts of your choice. Grind it to a smooth paste. For babies below one year, blend it with water.
- Then heat the ground paste in a saucepan, add required salt and pepper powder. mix well and bring it to a boil. Switch off the flame and serve warm. For babies below one year, add breast milk or formula milk when the soup is warm and feed your baby.
- Adjust pepper powder according to your preference.
- Do not use more water for pressure cooking. Otherwise, the soup will be watery.
- For babies below one year, add breast milk or formula milk when the soup is warm and feed your baby.
- You can add any nuts of your choice, but make sure your baby is not allergic to it.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- You can steam cook the cauliflower instead of pressure cooking.
- Skip salt and cows milk for babies below one year.
- Adjust milk quantity, according to the thickness of the soup.