Carrot Beetroot soup is a healthy soup with carrot and beetroot. Carrots and beetroots are loaded with nutrients that should be a part of your child's healthy diet. I have already posted puree with carrot and beetroots. This carrot beetroot soup is much tastier than the puree, and hence mostly kids will give a thumbs up for this recipe! It's effortless to make too. This carrot beetroot soup is ideal for babies from 8 months after introducing beetroot & carrot separate.
Carrot Beetroot Soup Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Carrot - 1 medium sized
- Beetroot - 1 small sized
- Garlic - 3 small cloves finely chopped
- Salt - as needed
- Butter- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder - a pinch
- Water - as needed
- Wash carrot & beetroot in running water well. Then peel the skin off from carrot & beetroots with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Finely chop garlic. Keep it ready. Pressure cook the chopped carrot and beetroot cubes together with a cup of water in medium flame for 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released open the cooker, the vegetables will be soft and transparent. Transfer the cooked ingredients to a blender. Grind it to a smooth paste with the water used for pressure cooking.
- Then add a tsp of butter in a pan, add cumin seeds and minced garlic. Stir it for 2 minutes. Then add ground vegetables paste along with required salt & pepper powder. Bring it to a boil and Switch off the flame once done. Strain the soup for small babies using a strainer and serve.
Introduce this carrot beetroot soup to your baby, after introducing beetroot & carrot separate.
- Skip the salt for babies below one year. Also, Strain the soup for small babies using a strainer and serve.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- For toddlers and older kids (if they are interested in eating veggies as such), reserve some vegetables after pressure cooking and add it to the soup after sauteeing garlic.
- You can steam cook the veggies instead of pressure cooking.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- Prefer soups for babies below one year when they are sick or on hunger strike.