Watery Rice Gruel - protein and scratch-rich watery rice soup recipe which makes a great first food & energy booster for babies. It is a nutritious recipe that people worldwide have enjoyed for centuries. As a new mom, you may look for simple, healthy, gentle recipes for your baby's digestive system. Rice gruel is a great option that can be easily prepared at home and customized to suit your baby's tastes and needs.
In this post, I will share a simple and easy-to-follow rice gruel recipe you can make in your kitchen. Whether you are looking for a healthy breakfast, lunch, or dinner option for your baby, rice gruel is an excellent choice to provide the nourishment they need to grow and thrive.
Not only is rice gruel a nutritious food, but it is also incredibly versatile. Rice water, the liquid left over from cooking rice, can be used as a natural remedy for digestive issues such as diarrhea, constipation, and acid reflux. It can also be used as a base for soups, stews, and other recipes, adding a rich and satisfying flavor to any dish.
So, whether you are looking for a simple and healthy recipe for your baby or are interested in the many benefits of rice water, this blog post has something for you. So, put on your apron and prepare a delicious and nutritious rice gruel recipe that your whole family will love.
Watery Rice Gruel Recipe for Babies | Chawal Ka Pani | Baby Food
- Parboiled rice - 2 tbsp
- Water - 2.5 cups
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Take 2 tablespoon of rice and wash it well. Add the washed rice to a cooking pot or sauce pan and add 2.5 cups of water. Cook the rice in medium flame with occasional stirring.
- Cook the rice until it gets completely cooked and soft. It may take 10 to 15 minutes. Once the rice is completely cooked, switch off the flame. Let it cool down for some time. Then Mash the rice a bit with a laddle n stain through a strainer to get a thin watery rice soup.
- Initially, offer your baby rice water alone, then you can gradually include the mashed rice as well.
- Add dal ka pani or mashed dal and vegetable stock to this rice soup for extra nutrition and flavor.
- Generally, rice doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Salt or sugar is not advisable for babies under one year.
- If you are feeding this watery rice gruel to toddlers, you could add salt.
- You can even pressure cook the rice for 3 whistles and then stain the water to get a watery rice gruel.