Watery Rice Gruel Recipe for Babies | Chawal Ka Pani | Baby Food
Watery Rice Gruel - protein and scratch rich watery rice soup recipe which makes a great first food & energy booster for babies
- Parboiled rice - 2 tbsp
- Water - 2.5 cups
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Take 2 tablespoon of rice and wash it well. Add the washed rice to a cooking pot or sauce pan and add 2.5 cups of water. Cook the rice in medium flame with occasional stirring.
- Cook the rice until it gets completely cooked and soft. It may take 10 to 15 minutes. Once the rice is completely cooked, switch off the flame. Let it cool down for some time. Then Mash the rice a bit with a laddle n stain through a strainer to get a thin watery rice soup.
Tried this recipe?Mention @gkfooddiary or tag #gkfooddiary!
1. Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
1. Take 2 tablespoon of rice and wash it well. Add the washed rice to a cooking pot or saucepan and add 2.5 cups of water. Cook the rice in medium flame with occasional stirring.
2. Cook the rice until it gets completely cooked and soft. It may take 10 to 15 minutes. Once the rice is completely cooked, switch off the flame. Let it cool down for some time. Then Mash the rice a bit with a ladle and strain through a strainer to get a thin watery rice soup.
Healthy watery rice gruel is ready to feed your baby.
- Initially, offer your baby rice water alone, then you can gradually include the mashed rice as well.
- You could add dal ka pani or mashed dal and vegetable stock to this rice soup for extra nutrition and flavor.
- Generally, rice doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Salt or sugar is not advisable for babies under one year.
- If you are feeding this watery rice gruel for toddlers, you could add salt.
- You can even pressure cook the rice for 3 whistles and then stain the water to get a watery rice gruel.
Is it ok for adult to drink this daily as a substitute of plain water? Will it do any harm to the body? Tq.
It gives instant energy when you drink.. U can have it every day but not replacing water as water has to be a part of everyday diet
How much mililitre per day is okay for 7 mths baby?
Maybe some 50 ml. Make sure to give breastmilk or formula milk as a major feed. Any soup or juice should be given occasionally or when baby is sick..
Hi my son is 4yrs he he nt eating any food seeing food only he is refusing how to deal with him he was nt so much hating food before i visited many doctors and gave many medicens but it is nt helpong him to eat im very upset plz help me
This is happening since 4days he only drinks water
It might be a growth spurt. If he is active and normal, don't worry. Give some time for him to back to routine. In the meantime give some liquid based foods like soups, porridges, juices to keep him hydrated. If it's still a problem and if he's dehydrated, visit a doctor immediately.
My daughter is 10 months old she have very cold. Is it ok to give her rice water and how much should I give her in a day, and what else can I give her to eat at this time.
yes you can some other options here: https://gkfooddiary.com/foods-to-offer-during-cold-cough-in-baby-toddler-and-kids/