Soups are my all-time favorite! This broccoli soup is a wholesome, creamy, healthy soup for toddlers and kids. Broccoli is a healthy vegetable as its rich in Vitamin C and loaded with fiber. I have already posted broccoli potato puree, so I wanted to try the soup with broccoli potato combination. It came out so well. I am sure kids who hesitate to eat broccoli will like this soup.
Broccoli Soup Recipe for Toddlers and Kids| Easy Soup Recipes
- Broccoli - 8 to 10 florets
- Potato - 1 medium-sized
- Onions - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic - 4 small cloves finely chopped
- Salt - a pinch
- Butter/Ghee - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Fresh cream/grated cheese - 1 tsp
- Water - as needed
- Wash broccoli & potato in running water well. Then peel the skin off from potatoes with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Take florets from broccoli and keep it ready. Finely chop onions & garlic. In a pressure cooker, heat a tsp of butter and add garlic. Saute them for two minutes.
- Now add onions. Fry them nicely until golden brown. Now add chopped potatoes and broccoli. Give a quick stir.
- Pressure cook the broccoli, potatoes, garlic, and fried onions together with a cup of water for three whistles. Once the pressure is released, open the cooker, it will be soft and transparent.
- Transfer the cooked ingredients to a blender. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Then heat the soup in a saucepan for two minutes. Add milk and bring it to a boil. Lastly, add required salt, pepper powder, and fresh cream/grated cheese. Mix well. Switch off the flame and serve warm.
Introduce this broccoli soup to your baby, after introducing broccoli & potatoes separate.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- You can steam cook the veggies instead of pressure cooking.
- You can replace potatoes with a tsp of cornflour.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.