Sweet potato carrot soup - wholesome, creamy, healthy soup with sweet potato, carrot and almonds. Sweet potato and carrot are made for each other combination perfect for making purees or soups. I have made this hot soup in a rainy evening, it was perfect for the season and my little daughter also had this soup without any complaints! This sweet potato carrot soup is ideal for babies from 8 months after introducing sweet potato, almonds & carrot separate.
Sweet Potato Carrot Soup Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Carrot - 2 small
- Sweet Potato - 1 small sized
- Ginger - 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Garlic - 4 small cloves finely chopped
- Salt - as needed
- Butter/Olive Oil - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder - ¼ tsp
- Almonds - 7
- Water - as needed
- Coriander leaves - a handful optional
- Wash carrot & sweet potato in running water well. Then peel the skin off from carrot & sweet potatoes with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Finely chop ginger & garlic. Soak almonds in warm water for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat a teaspoon of olive oil/ butter and add chopped ginger garlic. Saute the veggies for two minutes. Now add chopped carrot & sweet potatoes. Give a quick stir.
- Pressure cook the carrot, potatoes, ginger & garlic together with a cup of water for 3 whistles in medium flame. Once the pressure is released open the cooker, the vegetables will be soft and transparent.
- Transfer the cooked ingredients(except reserved veggies) to a blender along with peeled almonds. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Then add a teaspoon of olive oil or butter in a pan, add reserved vegetables and give a quick stir. Then add ground paste along with required salt & pepper powder .Mix well.
- Bring it to a boil. Lastly add coriander leaves and Switch off the flame.
Introduce this sweet potato carrot soup to your baby, after introducing sweet potato & carrot separate.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- For small babies and picky eaters (if they don't interested in eating veggies as such), grind all the cooked sweet potatoes and carrots together. Skip reserving the vegetables.
- You can steam cook the veggies instead of pressure cooking.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
Love all your recipes. Very easy to follow. Thank you so much.
Thank you so much for your positive feedback 🙂