Carrot Tomato Soup - easy, quick and healthy soup with goodness of carrots and tomatoes. It's a delicious soup flavored with mild sweetness from the carrots & slight sourness from the tomatoes. This soup also helps in fighting common cold and cough.
The tasty carrot tomato soup with spices is ideal for babies from 8 months and best to opt when your baby fusses about food. Check out other ?healthy soup recipes? for babies and kids here. Now Let's check how to make this easy carrot tomato soup for babies, toddlers and kids.
Carrot Tomato Soup Recipe for Babies,Toddlers Kids
- Carrot - 1 big sized
- Tomato - 1 big sized
- Onion - 2 tbsp chopped
- Garlic - 2 small cloves finely chopped
- Salt - as needed
- Butter- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder - a pinch
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Wash carrots and tomatoes in running water well. Then peel the skin off from carrot with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Chop tomatoes, onions and garlic. Keep everything ready.
- Heat a pressure cooker with a tsp of butter add cumin seeds. Let it crackle. Then add finely chopped onions and minced garlic. Stir it for 2 minutes.
- Then add chopped carrot,tomato pieces along with required salt & pepper powder. Add required water and bring it to a boil. Then pressure cook everything together in medium flame for 3 whistles. Once the pressure is released open the cooker, the cooked vegetables will be soft and transparent.
- Transfer the cooked ingredients to a blender. Grind it to a smooth paste with the water used for pressure cooking. Strain the soup for small babies using a soup strainer and serve. Straining is an optional step.
- Healthy Carrot Tomato soup is ready. Serve warm!
- Introduce this carrot tomato soup to your baby, after introducing carrot & tomato separate.
- Skip salt for babies below one year and make sure to strain the soup for small babies using a soup strainer before serving. You can also remove the tomato seeds for babies below one year to ensure easier digestion.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- You can steam cook the vegetables instead of pressure cooking.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- Prefer soups for babies below one year only when they are sick or on hunger strike.