Paneer dal masala is a easy and comforting dish during busy days. It goes well with jeera rice, Chapati or roti, even hot steamed plain rice. I made this for lunch and to my surprise my little toddler loved it. So i can approve this recipe as kid friendly too.,But be sure to adjust the spice level according to your preference.
Paneer Dal Masala Recipe | Paneer Recipes
- Paneer - 1 cup
- Green chillies - 1
- Big onion - 1 medium sized
- Tomato - 2 medium sized
- Ginger chopped- ½ tsp
- Moong dal - ½ cup
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Red chilli Powder - ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder - ¼ tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Coriander leaves - 1 tsp to garnish
- Salt - as required
- Ghee/butter/oil- 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Wash moong dal and pressure cook it with a cup of water for 3 whistles. Once pressure released , open the cooker. Mash it well using a laddle and keep aside.
- Chop onions and tomatoes finely. Split green chillies. Set aside. Fry the chopped paneer cubes in ½ teaspoon of oil until golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumming seeds & mustard seeds. Fry them until cumin seeds & mustard seeds cracks. Then add curry leaves and saute them for a minute. Add onions now along with green chillies & ginger pieces and saute them well.
- Once the onions becomes transparent, add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix everything together.Fry the tomatoes until it becomes mushy and soft. Then add cooked mashed moong dal to it.
- Mix it well. Add 1 cup of water and boil it in medium flame for 5 minutes or until it becomes thick.
- Once the gravy becomes thick, add toasted paneer cubes. Mix well with the gravy and boil it again for two minutes. Switch off the flame once done and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- If you want the gravy to be more spicy,increase the green chilles.
- Instead of moong dal, toor dal can be used