Paneer Bhurji- Easy, quick, tasty dish prepared with paneer aka cottage cheese and vegetables. Paneer bhurji is an famous Indian dish that goes well with chapati/roti or parathas. It can also be used as a filling for paneer dosa or paneer sandwich. This mildly spiced paneer bhurji can be given to kids from one year after inducing paneer separate.
Now Let's get on to check how to make this paneer bhurji recipe for toddlers & kids.
Paneer Bhurji Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Fresh Paneer/Cottage Cheese- 1 cup crumbled
- Onions - 1 small sized
- Ginger - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Carrot - 1 small grated optional
- Capsicum - 3 tsp chopped finely
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/8 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- Salt - as needed
- Oil/Butter/Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Chop onions, ginger, coriander leaves and capsicum finely. Grate carrots and Crumble paneer. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. Saute it until it cracks.Then add onions along with chopped ginger.
- Fry until onion turns golden brown. Now add capsicum pieces, grated carrots, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
- Toss it well for few minutes. Then add crumbled paneer.
- Mix everything together for two to three minutes. Switch off the flame once done.
- Use Fresh paneer and serve the paneer bhurji immediately after preparation.
- Paneer bhurji shouldn't be too dry, it should have some moisture but not too soggy.
- You can also add grated cabbage and peas.
- Don't over cook capsicum, it should retain its crunchiness.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.