Paneer Sandwich - Tasty and healthy sandwich recipe made with cottage cheese aka paneer, whole wheat bread and vegetables.This protein packed paneer sandwich is one of the best way to include paneer in kids diet and its also super healthy as its made with whole wheat flour. Paneer sandwich is very quick to make and wholesome, can be given to kids from one year as a breakfast or a quick evening snack.
Now Let's get on to check how to make this paneer sandwich recipe for toddlers & kids.
Paneer Sandwich Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Whole Wheat Bread - 6 to 8 slices
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese- 1 cup crumbled
- Onions - 1 small sized
- Ginger - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Carrot - 1 small grated
- Capsicum - 3 teaspoon chopped finely
- Red chili powder - ¼ tsp
- Coriander Powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder - ⅛ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ⅛ tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
- Butter/Ghee - to toast bread
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Chop onions, ginger, coriander leaves and capsicum finely. Grate carrots and Crumble paneer. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoon of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. Saute it until it cracks.Then add onions along with chopped ginger.
- Fry until onion turns golden brown. Now add capsicum pieces, grated carrots, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
- Toss it well for few minutes. Then add crumbled paneer.
- Mix everything together for two to three minutes. Switch off the flame once done. This is called paneer masala or paneer bhurji which is used as a filling for sandwich.
- Heat a dosa tawa, Take two bread slices,apply butter on one side. Spread the prepared paneer masala/paneer bhurji and Close with another bread slice and apply butter on it.
- Cook it until brown on one side for 3 to 5 minutes and flip it. Cook for 2 more minutes and remove from tawa. Repeat the same process for remaining bread slices.
- Paneer bhurji shouldnt be too dry, it should have some moisture.
- Don't stuff too much otherwise it will come out while toasting.
- You can also add grated cabbage and peas.
- Don't over cook capsicum, it should retain its crunchiness.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.