Eggless French toast – French toast recipe with whole wheat bread, sugar,custard powder, milk and no eggs. I have already posted french toast recipe with eggs and this is an eggless version. This toast is a quick and tasty option for breakfast for busy days. This eggless French toast is ideal for toddlers/kids from one year. It can be served plain or with honey, dates syrup, jaggery syrup or Marple syrup.
- Bread - 5 slices
- Brown sugar/Unrefined Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Milk - ½ cup
- Custard Powder - 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - ½ tsp
- Ghee/ Butter - as needed to toast
- Vanilla essence - ¼ tsp(optional)
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Take custard powder, cinnamon powder,vanilla essence and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add milk to it.
- Mix everything together with a whisk until slightly froth. Heat a pan, take the bread and dip it in the milk mixture on both sides. Do not let the bread sit on the mixture for a long time that makes the bread soggy while toasting.
- Immediately transfer the bread to the hot pan and toast it well on both the sides until brown by adding ghee/butter.
- You can use sweet milk bread too. But make sure to adjust the sugar accordingly.
- Don’t dip the bread for more time in the milk mixture that makes the bread soggy while toasting. But make sure to coat the bread well with milk mixture on all sides evenly.
- Custard powder can be replaced with 2 tbsp of corn flour and 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.